December 7, 2010

The Joys of Cooking

I love my kitchen. I feel blessed to be able to purchase amazing tasting, fresh, food and push myself to be creative every single night. I love cooking, experimenting, slicing and dicing (and missing my fingers, thankyouverymuch), mixing and pureeing, patting and shaping, baking and stir-frying. I love it all. Thank you LORD!


pumpkin steel cut oats


a day of snacking at work


an oat/pinto bean burger with homemade bread


cumin rice + tomatoes


home cooked pinto beans mashed with jalapeno


frozen blueberries, rice milk, muesli, banana pieces


steel cut oats + rice milk + cinnamon


wheat germ + flaxseed + chia seeds


home-baked pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger


half banana, almond butter


frozen blueberries


delicious bowl of mushy goodness


too many tupperware to carry at one time


"hummus" garbanzos/oliveoil/salt in food processor
zucchini slices, sweet potato, veggies


acorn squash + paprika + cinnamon
tofu quinoa stir-fry with liquid aminos


tofu/garbanzo ball of protein will soon be: "meat"balls, burger patties + such


spicy lentils with acorn squash


spelt pasta bake with flaxseed "bread"crumbs + chicken


the perfect sandwich: almond butter, raisins, cinnamon, roasted sunflower seeds


2 chocolate spinach green monsters
spinach, frozen fruits, vanilla, cocoa powder, dates, flaxseed

aaand breathe.

I love how I can move non-stop in a kitchen for 3 hours, feeling energetic and motivated, and then the moment I sit down on the couch to get some blog-writing down, I crash and envision long hours of sweet sleep ahead. I'm ready for bed, man!

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus
as Lord, continue to live your lives in Him,

rooted and built up in him, strengthened
in the faith as you were taught, and
overflowing with thankfulness.

Colossians 2:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love all the tuperware!! You should see my fridge...there was one point where we had NO tupperware left lol My hubby could barely navigate through the mess. Buy the way GENIUS idea to use flax as breadcrumbs!! Never even though of that. Your a smart one :)

    ReplyDelete