December 5, 2010

Simply Tastes So Good...

It was just one of those oddly deliciously perfect days! I kept my portions in lovely control, I didn't go insane and snack every second I took a breath, I didn't eat my body weight in almonds and raisins every time I opened up the fridge, it was a good day.

I set my alarm early and made Monday's dinner, cooked a few grains for the week, prepped lunches, and dove into a green monster smoothie in a bowl...


...with acorn squash, yet again. blend: handful beet greens, handful spinach, 1 cup rice milk, frozen strawberries, frozen banana, frozen blueberries, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 giant and hugely sweet date. top with: wheat germ, flaxseed, chia seeds, raisins, almonds, grapes.


beautiful, filling, satisfying.

We headed to church, learned about serving like Paul in Acts did, I was inspired, motivated, and convicted about being more like Christ, being a shepherd of God's church, and following His examples. Then we drove to the mall, bought a few things, and drove home as fast as we could for a 15 minute lunch break before I'd return to church for the fourth showing of my church's Christmas program (I was a ticket taker, yipee!)


15 minute lunch: (15 minutes to consume, 5 minutes to prepare) mustard, bell pepper, spinach, cucumber on homemade bread with giant chili pepper (for biting, of course!) with...


...some protein in the form of garbanzo heaven and part of a baked sweet potato (warm in my belly = happy in my belly)

then church time, quick drive home, Christmas family portrait prep went down:

'fo shot meet our green tree with lights!

aaand pizza making skills to the test: make pizza as fast as you can so you and your husband can inhale!


broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, pineapple, asparagus, kale on top for kale chips on pizza and red pepper flakes added shortly after the photo was taken.


thin + crunchy delight.

Live like Paul:
In everything I did, I showed you that
by this kind of hard work we must
help the weak, remembering the words
the Lord Jesus himself said:
‘It is more
blessed to give than to receive.’

Acts 20:35

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I've never tried kale on my pizza, but that sounds good! (Is it sort of like spinach? I would think it wouldn't wilt quite as much. I'll have to try this!) And your speedy sandwich looks tasty too! I love the crunch of cukes on a sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm that pizza looks so good! I don't know how you do it without cheese though.. for me its totally necessary!

    ReplyDelete