December 17, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Situation

Happy Friiidaaay!

Today was quite joyous, mainly 'cause I ate a boat load of food, but also because it was Friday, and everyone at work was goofy and I felt like all we did was dance and sing all day. And of course, harass each other every so often. I really love me job, it's been such a blessing from God! Yes, even when my holiday singing isn't oh-so-encouraged, I still enjoy that place. 10 points for Woodinville Pediatrics, man.

A Workout: 5 miles elliptical - 49:05
Yesterday's: 20 minutes arms/legs
+ 1 speed mile on elliptical + 10 minute abs at home

A Tower of Eats:

From bottom: granola bar, beet/orange/peanut salad, cucumber/grapes, carrots, half an amazing pear, kiwi, side of breads + banana

Breakfast To GO:

I decided to use up all my morning on doing my hair (silly me...) and sacrificed a normal routine. Green monster in tupperware + makeup in the car mirror: check! (Don't worry, I was the passenger, not the driver!)


kale leaves, spinach, rice milk, frozen strawberries, vanilla, cocoa powder (unsweetened), 1/2 cup cooked steel cut oats: blender. wheat germ, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, grapes, homemade granola: thrown atop.

Fancy LUNCH!

To celebrate my lovely aunt's birthday, my mumsy (her sister) and I met up with her on our lunch break for some good ol' sandwiches, soups, and salads at Molbak's Cafe. I ordered the veggie sandwich (heavenly grilled eggplant, summer squash, zucchini + bell pepper) with a mixed greens salad. It was heavenly, and actually filling! I was surprised 'cause it was tiny, but something in the bread really sat nicely in my tummy. I was filled with glee :)

Then grocery shopping for 9 hours with my mom!

Pasta Dinner x2

Okay, I'm trying to give spaghetti squash a chance. I didn't love it much the first time I tried it, but I really wanted to try it again. I baked the fella, made it spaghetti-looking, then added pasta sauce, garbanzos, and italian seasoning. It's friend: whole wheat pasta, spinach, homemade tomato sauce, and tofu bits.


Didn't look too bad. But here's the Spaghetti Squash Situation: the taste just wasn't there, and it never really has been for me, sadly! Honestly, I think I might attempt veggie burgers with the rest of it, the squash was huge and I have no choice really. But hey, I'm pretty stinking excited for spaghetti squash patties! Time will tell if they work miracles.


this was an absolute delight! I am so in love with tofu, I could eat it every minuto of my life!

A song on my heart recently:
As the dear painteth for the water
Lord my soul longeth after Thee.
You alone are my hearts desire
and I long to worship Thee.


I've really been longing for Jesus lately.
Sometimes life can get so busy that priorities switch spots, and I need to remember that my Savior and the Creator of this world always needs to be at the top of my priorities list! Everything else falls far behind, even though it's so easy to forget it. How do I never miss a day of checking my email/facebook, yet I find myself going days without reading God's word? It's the Word of LIFE! Love how powerful it is, and I so need it in my life more than I know. Time to dive deep :)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment