December 21, 2010

A Truly Trying Tuesday

I loved me some Tuesday today! No, let's be real: I had one of those days, and I'm just thankful that I survived (partially) and that God is Gracious enough to give me a second chance (for tomorrow). Today moved by at a fast pace, I was slightly distracted by life from the very start of the day, and my mind was everything but at work, and it showed. Hey you, Focus, let's hang out more often, shall we?

(distracted) Workout: 3 miles elliptical 31 minutes
+ 20 mins abs/arms/legs weight lifting

I have been lifting more weight & doing less reps to see how my body takes it (30 reps of light weight is tiring me out, I like the idea of pushing for a little less time and feeling just as good as if I had done triple the reps!) so I'm lifting between 40lbs/legs + 30lbs/arms and adjusting as necessary. 3 sets 10 reps feels sooo good and I don't tire out as much. Push out them ten, missy!

Steel cut oats make my day, I tell you.


their one of a kind texture, their rich flavor + ability to leave the tummy satisfied...


and their flexibility: add every single food item you own as a topping. I chose the basics: wheat germ, chia seeds, half a banana, pom arils, frozen blueberries + almond butter madness.

I also find joy in a well-packed lunch..


except when the orange and a half are sour + sickly
and the cucumber bits are squishy + tasteless.
Well, everything else was fantastic, so that's good.

I'm going to miss our work's metallic-red table cloth after Christmas passes...


but I'm so most definitely remaking that lemony garbanzo stir-fry dish as soon as possible! It is insane how far a little kale flavor goes, this bowl was absolutely deliiicious! (recipe here!)


and a little slice o' dense bread really settles nicely in my belly after lunch time :)

Then enchilada business went down, and I was so excited!


hey bean friends, hey avocado, homemade enchilada sauce (ha, shoot, just blend some tomatoes + pepper + spices w/salt!)


A side of extra beans did my insides good, man.

Then some lunch packing went down, as well as some snacking


slice o' goodness.


homemade tortillas thanks to the wooooonderful rebecca


a dessert for a nice Tuesday evening: rolled oats, frozen blueberries, half an apple, and everything else you can see! pluuuus a healthy heaping serving of rice milk splashes all ovah that business.

I should have been asleep 30 minutes ago, this should not be saved for last minute!! But, alas, it happens every night, and I enjoy every bit of writing it. And I'm so glad that tomorrow will be a new day! I need me some of those some times. It feels like I can actually press "rewind" and re-do a whole day: a day to serve Christ by servings others and sharing His love! ...and not just being sloppy ol' me wandering around without feeling in my bones.

For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him.
1 Thessalonians 5:9-10

2 comments:

  1. Hope today is a better day for you! I had a not so great day yesterday as well. I dont know why I let the SMALL stuff get to me. I mean, God has defeated death. He has rose again, and sin no longer has me in its grasps. I should be celebrating everyday. I should have a huge smile on my face.
    Its always the little stuff that bring us down. Until we focus on the BIG stuff, the fact that God has saved us, the little stuff will always bring us down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love this line about steel cuts... "and their flexibility: add every single food item you own as a topping"

    SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete