January 24, 2011

7K + Baked Squash Rings

Why hello Monday, where did you go? I feel like I just woke up, just left the gym, just started the day at work. But yet! The day has almost come to an end, and I'm happy :) a little bummed, however, at my attitude today. You know when you want to say something, but hold it in with all your might? Then minutes, hours, half the day passes by, and you feel like a volcano is inside your chest, and it just erupted inside of you. I gave the situation to God, tried humming my favorite worship songs, but still kind of broke. Being human is tough, man!

Anywho, the day started off wonderfully. I woke, ate a banana, almonds + raisins, and chugged some good ol' water. The gym went down a little bit like this:
  • 3 min. leg warm-up
  • 12 push ups
  • 7K on treadmill
  • leg stretch
  • Abs: 5 sets 20 reps
  • 12 push ups
I started off at level 5, 'cause my legs felt extremely heavy and tight and I didn't want to push it with my knee. They finally loosened up after 1 mile, so I bumped the speed up for 2 miles, then up again through mile 3, and once more for the last third mile. Total: 4.35 miles (or 7K) at speeds 5 - 6.5, for a time of: 47:14 felt amazing!



Breakfast was my favorite daily eat: steel cut oats, rice milk, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, wheat germ, amaranth, frozen blues, almond butter aaaaand half a banana. It was delicious, I savored each bite, I didn't want it to end. Love me some OATS!



Work was a bunch of "how can I help you?" "Do you have your insurance card with you today?" "Would you like to make an appointment?" "Which doctor do you guys normally see?" And a little bit of: dancing, laughing, making awful faces, and speaking Spanish with my rad co-workers.


packed snacks for the day

Lunch was soooo good! I am so thankful for blogs and bloggers, and bloggers making books based off of their blogs! Eat, Drink and Be Vegan has yet to disappoint me. Today was teriyaki quinoa with teriyaki marinated tofu.



I couldn't believe my taste buds when I took the first bite. I had never enjoyed quinoa w/o a good stir-fry, and I could have eaten a 2nd plate-full of this nutty grain, all by itself! Deliiiicious! Please do yourself a favor and invest in this book, it's truly a gem.



Then work got busy, I put too much on my plate and almost suffocated, but God was marvelous and gave me peace and grace. Thank you Lord! I'd be an angry mess at all times if it weren't for my Savior. I had a nice drive home with my mum (we carpool since we're co-workers) and listened to beautiful worship music that calmed me inside even more.

Then some dinner went down. I used her recipe, once again, for some awesome baked squash rings seasoned with rosemary, olive oil, fresh lime juice, and salt.



with a side of home cooked pinto beans + avocado, please. Then my last 3 herbed monkey bread were pulled from the freezer and microwaved, then completely devoured with all of my happy heart.



squash rings were the highlight of my evening! then I cooked some brown rice & pinto bean "jumble aya" and 800 kale chips for my work buddies! After an hour or 2 or almost 3, I consumed dessert:


I give you: rolled oats, rice milk, frozen blues, a sprinkle of water, unsweetened cocoa powder + sunflower seeds.



Doesn't get more simple, or more deliciously chocolaty, than that!

Now it's time for more couch and maybe a good ol' book or two. Goodnight moon.

For we are God’s handiwork,
created in Christ Jesus to do
good works, which God prepared
in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the amazing run, Nicole!
    Food looks as awesome as always ;)
    I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the "Creative Blogger Award"... Hope you have fun with it!
    Have a great week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete