January 20, 2011

Cruciferous Friends

I love me a good ol' Thursday (ie: almost Friday) and the wonderful day + weekend that always follow close behind. As I write this, my knees feel slightly odd. Almost as if I have itty-bitty bugs rubbing the insides of my knee caps. Why is this the case? Probably because I tackled the treadmill, yet again, at faster speeds, like before, aaaand my knees are just trying to adjust.

Run down: 4.35 miles - 41:08 treadmill
  • 5 minute warm up
  • 10 push ups
  • treadmill at 5.5 for 1 mile
  • level 6 'till mile 3.75
  • level 6.5 'till mile 4.35
  • 5 minute cool down
  • stretch
  • 6 sets 30 different reps of abs
  • 10 push ups as every muscle in my body screamed a joyful scream.
I read...

Loving me a treadmill and a good read on sharing my faith :)

Breakfast: steel cut rice milk oats warmed up with frozen strawberries, blueberries and banana.



Then mixed with my favorite toppings,



...which turned into an ugly, yet absolutely scrumptcious mess. There is good reason that I decorate my bowls and wait to mix 'em all up 'till after their photo is taken. We eat with our eyes, my friends. No avoiding it.



Work was dandy and I giggled much so. I have some pretty fantastic co-workers at that place and I love seeing Jesus work in me with the patients I check in and my job duties throughout the day, He knows I'd be a stressed out wreck daily if it weren't for Him and the peace He gives me!

I consumed a the following delicious eats:



lemony garbanzo stir fry with quinoa + half a baked acorn squash,


it was extremely tasty, I'll never grow out of this recipe!

After work I switched into pajama mode and cooked up some cruciferous veggies (seasoned with salt n peppah) 'cause I feel like my body hasn't gotten enough of these guys this week. I paired the beauties with 3 handmade garlic herb rolls (yeast died, so they didn't fluff up, but were still delicious) and some home-cooked pinto beans.


The perfect portion leaving my tummy read for something sweet only a couple hours later.

dessert!

1 crimson pear + 1/2 cup frozen blueberries + cinnamon + friends


raisins, almonds, half banana, sunflower seeds. a magical bowl of sweetness.

Time for bed, time for sleep, time for rest, time for Friiiidayyy!

God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work out!!! I'm so bad at pushing myself on the treadmill :( Maybe I need a new playlist or something. That quinoa + acorn squash dinner looks FABULOUS! I totally want a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the world did you RUN and READ? lol I can barely read at 3.5! Maybe Im just a dork lol that can totally be possible

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh that dessert bowl looks sooooooo delicious. I want.

    ReplyDelete