January 21, 2011

A High Price

Happy Friday loves! I woke up to a boat-load of cold air, rainy skies, an elliptical machine, twice the amount of rain as before, a bowl of pre-prepped oats and a daily devotional about controlling our anger. Enjoyed every little bit of it!

Except: Felt like a dead weight at 5am and was 2 seconds away from sleeping through my workout, walked into the kitchen and noticed I left my beet/orange/peanut salad out on the counter all night n' missed the fridge, pushed through 5 miles on the elliptical thinking I was moving fast but realizing at mile 4.5 that I was a whole minute behind breaking good ol' 10 minute miles so I had to move my legs at rapid speeds in order to break 50 minutes (longest sentence ever!), then felt close to falling off the machine (slight exaggeration, but still!) But I survived! Ah. The minor bumps in the morning trying to bring me down and make my Friday sour - you are powerless! :)

I packed large amounts of food today,


(left the quinoa, and veg on top right for another day)

which is interesting 'cause I have a pretty big ol' dinner set (pasta and poultry) so I don't know if it makes mucho sense to eat so much! Then I gobbed down a big ol' bowl of oats, t'was quite the delight.



Last night I mixed the last of the steel cut (cinnamon rice milk) oats with unsweetened cocoa powder, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, chia seed, water. In the morning I added more h2o with frozen bloobs, half a banana, almond butter n' such. Then, proceeded to inhale at rapid speeds!

Work was rad-zolla, and I decided to get some Mexican food in me and save my snacks for post-lunch time. I ordered the "Mucho Flaco Burrito"



(literal translation: very much skinny little donkey) full of: mexi rice, black beans, carrots, romaine, tomatoes, fresh cilantro + onions. It was enormous, and I ate it.




All of it. But left about 3 bites of the flour tortilla, which was about as thick as a McDonald's hotcake. Lay a bit off the flour, Mexi-land! I loooved the flavors, though, it tasted amazing.

After a slightly speedy ride home, I bought some groceries at my favorite store evah 'cause their organic/natural foods selection is huge and has more variety than any other grocery store 'round here.




Some newbies are: fresh basil (finally going to have homemade pesto!), nutritional yeast + israeli couscous! I'm hoping to find a new place to buy nutritional yeast, though, 'cause the stuff I found in the bulk section was $6/lb!




For that little jar and then some it cost me more than 4 buckaroos! Is this stuff usually that expensive? Time to do some research.

Once in casa, I thanked God for life and His peace, and rested like a lazy log. A content, lazy log. But all that resting took place after I chopped some brussels + red cabbage for a liquid aminos sesame salad (cooked in avocado oil) and consumed them with pasta (spinach, green bell, tomato, onion) and my once-a-week B12: chicken, man!


Crazy good.

Then I chopped and washed and stored the veggies, watched some recorded SNL from last week, and ate a mighty fine dessert bowl: oats, unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, rice milk + topped with half a crimson pear, third cup frozen blues, amaranth and almonds.



Happy tummy. Happy weekend :)

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you,
and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in
heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment