January 23, 2011

Thin + Crunchy Pizza Party

Such a relaxing, productive Sunday. I got out of bed before my alarm went off, I ate an insanely good green (brown) bowl of goodness, church was absolutely wonderful, I consumed way too many peanuts in one sitting, I cooked with a smile upon my face, hubby and I ate a record-breaking thin + crunchy pizza while watching a good film, and now we're sitting on our red Ikea couch. It's comforting, really.

Green Monster went a little like this:
  • 3 handfuls spinach
  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 1 banana
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla




a bowl filled with brown ice cream, filled to the brim.


I decided making art was a 8:30am necessity today. dry roasted unsalted almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, chia seeds, amaranth, blackberries


I never wanted it to end. but alas, it had to. and it did. and it laughed at me.

Church: Ephesians 1:1-2 We were created by God, for God, with a purpose and a plan. A calling to serve Him, serve others, share His Word, and be thankful for the peace He offers to all who follow Him. Thank you Jesus for your promises and for giving all of us reason to be alive.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before Him. "
Ephesians 1:3+4

then I ate peanuts + a banana!

and, as I mentioned, my eyes were bigger than my tummy with this one and I felt like my entire body, from my toes to my brain, were packed full of unsalted peanuts. I was stuffed. Guess I got enough good fats in me to last a week, though, so that's one less thing to worry about :)

Then it was time to cook, big time. But before I could turn any burners on, or pre-heat the oven, I had to brain storm. I pulled 100% of my inspiration from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan, and daydreamed of making every recipe I read as I flipped threw the still new-smelling pages of vegan eats. Could I make every recipe in this book like Julie Powell did with Julia Child's cookbook? How happy would my taste buds (not to mention: my now vegan-loving husband) be with all the new plates placed on my fork? I'm inspired. I'm motivated. I'm loving this book a little too much.



After brain-storming a few meals for this upcoming work week, I cooked up some grains (quinoa, brown rice) as well as garbanzos and some steel cut oats for the week. Then my stomach started rumbling so I cooked up some Lemon Broiled Green Beans Asparagus from ED&BV and they were, to say the least, incredible!



I then proceeded to eat more than a handful or so of freshly cooked garbanzos (get'cha protein, friends!)



And I cooked up a mighty good thin + crunchy pizza (vegan for me, cheesy and meaty for hubby)


pasta sauce with mushroom bits, spinach, zucchini, pineapple, green bell pepper, serrano chili heaven + unpictured red pepper flakes


record. breaking, thin!

Movie time, movie tiiiime~

Then DESSERT!

frozen blueberries soaking up some rice milk, 'causing a delightful freezing effect. Plus rolled oats, amaranth, half a banana, raisins + unsweetened cocoa powder which, immediately upon mixing the bowl together, became chocolate cake-like. Oh. My. Heaven in a red bowl.

Time for good ol' sleep. My heart is glad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heavens, love the smoothie art! You are too cute! The only thing I make look semi decent in the morning is my oats, and thats only because I am blessing it with a blob of almond butter ;)

    ReplyDelete