February 19, 2011

A Biutiful Weekend

Happy Saturday! Hubby and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day today, since we're not big on doing anything but chill-axing on a Monday night (the real v.day) and because we haven't gone out to dinner since October for our 2 year anniversary. So we planned for an evening in Seattle, where dreams come true and buildings are tall.

But first, we started off with a good run or two.

post-run snacks:

pb&j for hubby, pb&chia for me on homemade bread + bananas.
pre-run eat: banana, almonds, raisins


ready to take on sunshine & wind!

Today was stinkin' gorgeous, we haven't seen this much sun in eight thousand years, so I did find myself a bit nature-happy and my camera couldn't control itself. proof:








Edu finishing up his 16K


me, jogging after my 10K

It was extremely windy and more than half of the route consisted of wind pushing against you and forcing everyone to drop their pace to about 30 minute miles (true story) so, although I really badly wanted to break 1 hour with this run, I knew it was going to be a tough one. So I tried my best, yelled at the wind a little, came to the conclusion that wind is my enemy, wondered if any type of weather is truly worse than freezing winds (30-35 degrees) slapping you in the face, realized that nothing is worse than freezing winds slapping anyone's face, and finished the run strong. PS: wind = evil. the end.


not too shabby, if you ask me!

Then, FOOD!


beauties.


leftover broccoli/chicken dumplings in homemade ginger soup, with baked veggie rolls (cabbage, carrots, liquid aminos + such) and a mini side of delightful brussel sprouts with red cabbage


oh, the recipe? It's coming, I promise!!


wonderful. every bite.

Once we did a whole lot of nothing, or a whole lot of relaxing, we decided on a movie, restaurant, and afternoon snackage. Since the movie is 2.5 hours long and dinner was going to be late (earliest we could get into this restaurant was almost 9pm) I decided to go all-out with a "snack" and eat an entire green monster, complete with 1/2 cup rolled oats blended right into the bugger.


Too pretty to eat! But I so inhaled every spoonful, guilt free.
food processor: 2 handfuls kale, 1 cup rice milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon wheat germ/ground flaxseed, 1 teaspoon vanilla, half banana, handful small frozen strawberries, half cup frozen blueberries! topped with: grapes, raisins, almonds, love.

Then it was time to go out! So. much. fun!


sweet freezing cold winter attire, yes.


movie time! this movie is truly depressing, but really well done. I recommend it to anyone who wants to see an amazing actor (Bardem) do magic with a fabulous director (Inarritu) and maybe cry a little. so. so. good. and hey, how can any movie make you that sad when you know that sushi is soon to come? impossible!


when I went here back in August for a friend's bday, I fell in love and promised myself I would return with the husband, or my entire immediate family. In may have taken a few months for me to follow through, but hey, we did it! And I am so glad we did!


I ordered these delightful creatures:
2 roasted bell pepper, 2 enoki + chives (both over rice)


and these baby-sized rolls. veggie heaven! and I even ate little pieces of ginger all by their lonesome. I think I'm finally getting used to that delicious flavor, which is a real good thing since ginger is so amazing for your health. Go ginger, go!


hubby consumed: ocean roll [crab, avocado, cucumber, tobiko topped with
spicy tuna and wasabi aioli
]



and we tackled some miso soup, without a doubt.

Now it's time for sleep, and pretending IT'S FRIDAY!! since by some miracle we have a holiday on Monday and no work (and by we I sadly mean just myself, my love bug has to work a full day) so I like to call tomorrow Saturday and Monday Sunday to make things even more exciting.

Happy 3 days of joy :)

3 comments:

  1. Love those nature pics!! GORGE!! :D
    Ohhh my that GM looks AMAZING!!--it is SO pretty, you're right! WOW. all your stuff looks SO GOOD!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the wind was so bad! :( But at least the sun was out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for gorgeous weather! And you two being so adorable! And yummy sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete