February 9, 2011

Carob Chips in My Bowl

"I thought the pain was here to stay, but forgiveness made its way."

I had a lovely-do day this delightful Wednesday! I woke 'round 6:30 since today is my day off running (repair muscles repaiiir!) And made meself some chocolate banana pancakes. As I mixed the ingredients together, I came to a realization: everything I throw into me pancakes goes into my bowl o' oatmeal in the morn'! In other words, my pancakes are the equivelent of spooning my morning oatmeal onto a pan. Pan-cooked oatmeal discs? Yes! It might seem like I'm uncreative + slightly boring, but, I see it as wisdom.



Combine: half cup oats, cinnamon, cocoa powder, sunflower seeds, amaranth, half mashed banana, spoonful almond butter, vanilla, handful crushed walnuts, chia seeds, wheat germ, many spashes of rice milk ('round 3/4 cup or so)! Cook on medium heat, (I sprayed the pan only once in the beginning to prevent crazy sticking) brown both lovely sides, layer on plate with banana slices in between! Aaaaaamazing. I wish I could eat different variations of these babies every day, but alas, I simply do not have the time.



I did have the time, however, to snap a wickedly good photo of today's snacks (she said sarcastically) in front of our Costco-bought microwave. And then it was time to drive to work-land. But I was greeted by an ol' friend: ice-covered windows. So I spent a good 5 minutes or so scraping the clear glass, then I sat and sang in me car for 7 minutes, with warm air + defrost on full blast, waiting for a visible windshield to appear.




Work went well, I did this and that and some of thisthat. I ate some cumin lime tofu with teriyaki quinoa aaand asparagus (yes, both recipes from ED&BV!) & I got home 'round 7:00pm and inhaled the most beautiful sight I evah did see!! Green Mooonsterrrr (minus the green-look, I only had a little handful of kale left)! And then it was time to cook like a wild woman: monkey minestrone, and vegan chocolate chip cookie lovin'!! Well, that was the plan, but work went later than expected and I had no time to vegan choc-chip the kitchen up. Sad days, I tell you.


carob-chip dream!



I had never used carob chips before, and I have only heard awful things about 'em, but I was excited to give them a try. And hey, if these future cookies end up tasting awkwardly unsweet, I'll keep them all for myself! Which I don't mind at all, not even slightly. The little chips atop the smoothie inabowl were delicious, it added a nice chocolate chunk effect without the sugar (or the milks) and I'm excited to use these babies more often! I just hope some cookies appear shortly, 'cause I know they're going to be dang good!

~~~~

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore He will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for Him!
Isaiah 20:18

3 comments:

  1. I have been craving a green monster SO MUCH lately! What do you usually put in yours?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carob chips have a very different flavor than chocolate chips, and at first I was expecting them to taste exactly the same so I was put off. After I got over that though, I really liked them!

    ReplyDelete