February 3, 2011

The Elliptical Snail

Today, Thursday, February 2, 2011, I moved like a lazy snail on the elliptical machine. Not just any lazy snail, one that reads, sweats mucho, and doesn't feel like picking up the pace. But guess what? I had a good, relaxing time. And I downed about 50 pages of this bundle of inspiration:



It made me wish I was running on the treadmill, attempting my first marathon, or tackling some hills on a hot Summer's day, instead of pushing through 5 miles on an elliptical inside a gym at 5:30am, but all in all this book is AMAZING! I'm really just hoping to finish it soon so I can start The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, but still. Reaaaally good book, Mr. Dean Karnazes!

Workout this morning t'was: 12 push ups, warm up, 5 miles elliptical in 51 minutes, 12 more push ups, stretch aaand home. I ate half a banana, almonds + raisins before gym time and post sweat-session was steel cut oats bfast:


with wheat germ, chia seeds, frozen blues, half banana, almond butter, raisins

A true delight in my tummy. Work eats were the usually snacking goods wiiiith Eat, Drink and Be Vegan's Sweet Potato Lentil Chili! It was soooo delicious and filling. I enjoyed it with a slice of toasted wheat breads, and it was puurrrrfect. I'm definitely going to make this baby again, killer good stew, mate!!




Work was insane. But God gave me strength to survive the busy day without exploding inside (which I felt verrrry close to occuring this evening) and now that I'm home with my hubby by my side and a nice, sweet bowl of apple pieces and oats, I'm pretty stinkin' happy :)

Dinner went like this: "Oh, look! Some almonds and raisins! I ought to eat those. Oh, joy, I found a slice of homemade bread! I should taste that, too!" Then real food took its place. Asparagus sauteed in avocado oil, salt and pepper. Golden cauliflower steamed, pureed with red pepper flakes, paprika and a dash o' salt. Home cooked pinto beans, warming and deliiiicious! It was all a really good thing.



Then we finished up 1 Timothy, chatted about life, and ate our red bowls of yummy evening treats. His cold/sinus sickness seems to be heading out of town, so hopefully my love bug will feel 100% by the time our weekend is here! Hubby ate plain greek yogurt + honey + crimson pear + muesli, I ate rice milk + half pink lady apple + rolled oats + cinnamon + frozen blueberries. Fantaaastico!



Hoping to sleep nice n' long so I'll have strength to go fast and far tomorrow morning in the gym. And hey, maybe I'll even start on that Mexico video I've been talking about! Goodnight!!

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But it we have food and clothing, we will be content with that." 1 Timothy 6-8

1 comment:

  1. 1 Timothy is such a great book! It was one of my favorites as a teen. So much good stuff in there. :)

    ReplyDelete