February 16, 2011

Goodmorning, Yoga

I'm really close to dedicating this entire post to my lunch. It was the most fantastic tasting combination of flavors, I am almost at a loss for words. The silliest part? It was all leftovers, man! Mexican rice from Sunday, garbanzos cooked on Saturday, and a vegan, Asian-like salad from yesterday's lunch at work. Deeeeelicious!!



Anyhow, today started off very differently from past Wednesdays. You see, usually I arise sometime 'round 6:30, get ready in 30 and spend another almost 40 minutes cooking oat pancakes. But, as I mentioned yesterday, I want to try something new: earlier wake up time, and mini-workout (non-strenuous). So I set my alarm last night before crawling into bed-land and mentally prepared for a morning of yoga.



What ended up happening was: alarm at 6, re-set it for 615, slept 'till 620, yoga for 15 minutes, got ready for work, ate a green monster friend. AM yoga? I have to be honest, I didn't like it one bit. I love yoga in general (can't you tell, since I do it so often? [She said sarcastically]) or maybe I just love the idea of yoga, who knows. But the guy's voice was distracting (as were all the bear chests + strange yoga attire), I was worried about workin' them muscles too hard for what is normally my "rest day" off exercise, and it started to all sound a little too "worship the sun gods" for me.

I'm gonna give it another try some day, I won't give up on it after just one mini-session, but I have no idea when that will be! Maybe in a week, maybe in a few months. Makes me wonder if pilates is more what I'm searching for? Ah well, moving on...


brown beast?

Breakfast babe: kale, unsweetened soy milk, banana, frozen berries, vanilla, unsweetened dark chocolate powder, wheat germ, toasted amaranth + a food processor! Topped with: rolled oats, chia seeds + red grapes. Amaazin' :]


dark green beast?


light green beast? my camera needs some color help, man!

Snacks + lunch land: fruits, veg, homemade granola bar, half a peanut butter/chia seed sammie on homemade bread. Lunch: incredible, in every single way. The salad had red cabbage, greens, dried berries, cilantro, green onions, other delightful insides...





Morning devotional was beautiful and inspiring, like always:


I wrote on my hand: Live a life for Christ with discipline, honesty and faith. And all day I was walking around with the mind set of obeying God by loving others, working hard, and speaking up if need be (instead of holding everything in jus' to look like a perfect robot). I love reading God's word in the morning, it definitely starts the day off right!

Work flew by (not really but we can pretend, since it's nighttime and I'm real close to heading off to bed) and soon enough I found myself at home. I decided to cook up some bean burgers (one pinto bean/oats/spinach combo, the other a garbanzo/celery/onion/brown rice fella) with loads of veggies for a wondrous evening meal.





Then 2 of the following cuties were consumed, one straight from the freezer (think super thick, rich fudge) and the other microwaved for 15 seconds (warm, gooey double chocolate brownie texture) and they were unbelievable, as you can imagine.



Ah, shleepy time :)

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

2 comments:

  1. I've tried to do morning yoga, and it sounds like such a wonderful thing, but when I actually try it... I just don't enjoy it. If I DO wake up for a workout, it has to be something like BodyPump, to really get me going. Otherwise I end up just wishing I'd slept longer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love combining leftovers into something new and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete