February 7, 2011

Ice + Shins = Love

My shins are freezing, throbbing, tingling. They want to scare me, that's all. Now that I've gone weeks on ye ol' treadmill pain free, they want some of my undivided attention. So I am giving it to them, by tying ice bags up against them with ace bandages. It feels... Uncomfortably delightful. Worth it? We'll find out tomorrow, I guess!

I thought it was a bad dream when my alarm went off this morning, could have sworn it was Sunday (worst feeling known to man!) But quickly hopped up anyhow, for 4.5 miles were calling me name. I did a warm up, 12 push ups, ate a banana + some almonds + raisins, and headed out. This how things went, yo:

  • Mile 1: 6
  • Mile 2: 6
  • Mile 3: 6
  • Mile 4: 6.5
  • Last .5: 7
  • Cool down
  • Stretch
  • 12 push ups
  • Leg Extension - 30lbs (3x12)
My left knee did feel a tad bit on the goofy side, but I kept my mind off it with a good Dean Karnazes read, and before I knew it I was finishing up my run with a looney smile on my face!



Then steel cut oats went to town in my belly, and I packed up snacks for work. Lunch t'was classic leftovers with extras, making for a huge plate of food that kept me content for houuurs as the afternoon came and went in a flash. Work = extremely busy, as if all the kids in Washington state from ages 0-19 decided to get sick at the same time and fill our clinic from wall to wall... To wall... To the other wall. Crazy beans!





Home was: 10 minute abs, beans + brocc + guac + corn, making sushi, teriyaki quinoa + cumin lime tofu, then cleaning mr. kitchen + bible time + dessert.






Oh look! The timer just went off, say goodbye to icy shins forever! And hello to foam rollers at 9:15pm :) I want me some bedtime.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

2 comments:

  1. Looove sushi! And I love that scripture too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sushi looks delish! I do the same thing, packing leftovers + plenty of snacks that I can much on throughout the workday. Love it!

    ReplyDelete