February 14, 2011

Love Potlucks, Soba Noodles + Foam Rollers

Shoot son, I'm sleepy. But then again, it is wonderfully my bedtime and my body is allowed to be sleepy, don't ya think? This morning started off with 12 push ups, a warm up, and this: 4.5 miles ~ 42:30 on the treadmill. I started at level 6 and after 1.5 miles alternated between level 6 and 7 every .3-.4 miles or so. It felt awesome! Then a cool down, stretch, 12 mo' push ups and I tackled these bad boys:


3 sets 12 reps with 30lbs


3 sets 12 reps with 10 lbs

sweet.

Breakfast then went down:

steel cut oats, rice milk, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, h2o
topped with wheat germ, amaranth, chia, banana, almond butter, frozen blues

snacks and such for work were these:


inspiration for a normal work day was this:

Ephesians 4:32 - I loved having this written on my hand all day because I couldn't stop noticing it, "what does that extremely long sentence on my palm say again?" and it was a beautiful reminder of love and loving others and jus' being a good child of Christ. I really want to try and memorize scripture (a friend mentioned she has been doing it recently and I thought it was the greatest task ever) since it's so full of life + wisdom. I need Jesus' light in my day, man.

Valentine's Day Potluck contribution:

Vegan chewy chocolate browniiies!

Work potluck consisted of...

bbq meatballs


my + my mami's mexican riiice


pork love


amazing fiberous muffins + a pasta of sorts


heart-shaped krispie treats + veg tray w/hummus + pita!


mai plate, complete with pinto beans from home!


this x2 (one at lunch, one on the way out the door)

Once home, I got my cooking on (after eating a bit o' Mexi rice, of couuurse) and it was all about buckwheat soba noodles tonight.


from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan


yum. yum. yum. simple ingredients, huge flavors!
from Eat, Drink + Be Vegan!
  • 1/2 block tofu, cubed
  • 1 bunch buckwheat soba noodles (2 servings)
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 lime's juices
  • 1 green onion, chopped into bits
Sauce
  • 2 tbsp liquid aminos
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp garlic, ginger, avocado oil (or olive oil)
  • 1 tiny squirt raw honey (or other sweetener)
  • toasted sesame seeds!
  1. brown tofu in medium-heated pan with avocado oil
  2. cook noodles according to package's directions, drain, do not rinse
  3. add peas and sauce mixture to tofu, toss to coat + warm evenly for a few minutes
  4. pour soba noodles atop tofu + peas
  5. remove from heat and add onion, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, serve.

art in a pan, I must say. I'm so excited to try this tomorrow!!

then dinner came down:

garbanzos, golden cauli, brocc, asparagus. all with: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes


my very, very last brown rice brownie!

After a little TV, bible time, and sketching, hubby and I got down to business with some 9pm muscle strengthening + repairing.

hello, foam roller for my IT band:

about 15 reps each side, each one hurting like a mad dog. they say the more pain you feel, the more your IT band needs this fella, so I'm just going to be strong and try to push these out nightly.

bands for them knees + such:

I use the yellow (easiest) and hubby red (hardest or 2nd to hardest, I believe) and we: tie the band together, wrap around ankles and tackle 12 side kicks each leg, 12 front kicks each leg, then 12 more to the side, and 12 more front. It feels awesome, not enough to break a sweat but just enough to strengthen those leg muscles that get a beat-down during running. I'm a fan :)

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
since you know that you will receive an
inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the
Lord Christ you are serving.

Colossians 3:23-24

So motivating!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you wrote the scripture on your hand! What a great reminder throughout your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the scripture!! In school I would change the scripture on the front of my binder each week. I would make it as bright and noticable as I could so that kids would ask me about it. Such a great way to share Christ :)

    ReplyDelete