February 21, 2011

Quinoa Carrot Coooookies

okay, let's just jump right into these delicacies.


oh. goodness.


I wish I knew where I got this recipe, but it seemed to have disappeared off the face of the internet, soo... let's jus' say I got it from google somewhere :)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup rice milk (or other non-dairy milk)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (can 'nix and just use more milks)
  • 1/3 cup raw honey/sweetener of your choice
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ginger, nutmeg
  • 1 dash salt
  • 4 chopped dried figs

I've eaten 3 of these today. Oh man!
  1. whisk flax + milk, let sit, whisk in sweetener
  2. combine dry in separate bowl, add wet to dry (don't over mix)
  3. fold in quinoa, carrots, figs, cover baking sheet w/parchment + spray
  4. bake @ 350* for 35 minutes
PS: you can use any type of flour, or milk, sweetener, dried fruit, or vegetable (?) - I truly believe that all recipes are open for modifications. Feel free!

Breakfast:

kale, rice milk, frozen banana strawberries blueberries, rolled oats, cocoa powder, vanilla love




sunflower seeds, raisins, almonds, muesli, carob chips (adore them soo!)

On my beauuutiful day off, I went to see an amazing friend and her perfect 7-month-old baby girl, and then came home and met up with another lovely girl for making tacos and catching up on eachother's busy-beans lives.


honestly? adorable!

carrot/cucumber joy pre-meal time:


fun new game:

goooshhh dang, that was wondeful tasting!

tacoz:

based off of Eat, Drink and Be Vegan's "Gimme Chimmis" recipe, I did the following: cooked zucchini, tomato, bell pepper in cumin, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, onion with pinto beans. Warmed tortillas on a flat-pan, filled, folded, flipped. consumed with lime, cilantro, avocado and homemade salsa. My friend had salmon tacos (salmon seasoned with red pepper flakes, chili powder and cumin) with corn tortillas, avocado, salsa + liiiime. fantastical!

Then... I tied some buttons to jackets, watched a little pre-recorded SNL, read some bloggies, and felt my insides growl! It was time for a warm bowl of carbs, my friends. My tummy went to town with a lovely red dish!


steel cut oats, banana, strawberries, blueberries, PB, raisins, carob chips

melted heavenly carobs.

A wittle bit later, I cooked otsu (101cookbooks.com) and ate a super-dark chocolate walnut coookie from the freezer with fruits, and we called it a night. Theeee end, 3 day weekend! See you again in May!













The Lord is my Strength and my Song, He has become my Salvation, He is my God and I will praise Him, my Father's God, and I will exalt Him!
Exodus 15:2

3 comments:

  1. TOTALLY making those cookies! I will probably use different fruit and all that, but what a great recipe!! Im going to make those stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that little girl is SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete