February 15, 2011

Scrumptious Bean Tacos

Why hello, rainy Tuesday that all began with a 5 mile run, you were fun! This morn' I put my hubby's running shoes on and headed over to the gym's treadmill. My legs, shins, knees and such have been feeling a tad tight/strange while running recently so Edu suggested I try his Adidas shoes, which are lighter and better for a treadmill beat-down. So I put the silly-smelling guys on my feets (love how we have the exact same size shoes) and began the workout:
  • 12 push ups
  • Warm Up
  • 5 miles Treadmill - 46:39
  • Levels 6-8
  • Cool Down
  • Stretch
  • Leg Extension - 30lbs (3 sets 12 reps)
  • Hamstring kick backs - 10lbs (3 sets 12 reps)
  • 12 push ups
  • 10 minute abs @ home
T'was a sweaty, beautiful thing, I must say.





Then oatmeal went down (surprised?) with all the basic fixings, and I got my lunch packed as well as dove into some morning devotional time. My "hand reminder" today was: "Proclaim your love for the Lord by obeying Him" - inspired by Acts 5:29




It was a good reminder throughout the day, especially because it applies to just about everything. Obeying God can mean so much! Work hard, don't complain, be kind to others, show Jesus' love, talk to Him throughout the day, share His gospel, be a light for Him, forgive others, think before you speak, don't be quick to get angry, don't talk foolishly. It was an awesome little sentence to have on my hand all day :)

Work was nice, it went by kind of slowly but I had meself a good ol' time. I have pretty stinkin' rad-zolla co-workers, that's all I have to say! Lunch was unbelievably magnifico tasting! It was my first time eating full-on buckwheat noodles, and I loved the flavors so much, they worked wonders with the Asian-inspired sauce, peas, tofu, and green onion bits!


recipe here, ya'll.

Then we were in the car in a flash (we=I carpool with my mumsy) and soon enough I found myself home. I was super hungry, wanted something quick and easy (and madly divine tasting) so I pulled out the essentials: beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, lime juice, avocado, homemade salsa, corn tortillas. Then this appeared on my plate:


1/3 avocado, you are so good to me.


never underestimate the power of a microwaved corn tortilla, folks!

Once hubs got home, we sat and chit-chatted about life, love, and happiness (teehee!) then we read some bible time (2 Timothy chapter 4) and I much enjoyed this bit: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. [verse 2] ~ Paul is an amazing teacher and his words are so uplifting and motivating. It's crazy to imagine he wrote all of this in jail, but I love trying to place myself in his shoes, would I praise Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind, if I were thrown into jail for preaching His name? Beautiful!

Then dessert time went downs, way downs, real delightfully. I opted for my mum's super chocolate raw honey cookie with walnut bits atop, and a side of: soy milk, frozen blues, half apple, raisins, carob chips + muesli with cinnamon. Mouth watering? yes.



Off to bed, trying to decided whether or not to try some yoga on my Wednesday mornings (I start work late, usually sleep in since it's my "rest" day from running/cardio) or, should I sleep in the extra 45 minutes, letting my muscles repair for reals? Hmm... pondering, pondering..

Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

1 comment:

  1. Bean tacos are a definite win!

    Love that scripture you ended with. So great. :)

    ReplyDelete