February 4, 2011

Tofu Curry + Sweet Potato Chili

Oh Friday, we need to hang out more often! I love the reward of waking up early on a Friday: a leisurely Saturday morning is soon to come. This morn' was nice, I treadmilled it for 7K - 42:21 (levels 6, 6.5, 7) and did some push ups and abs (2 sets 12 push ups, 5 sets 30 abs).



Rolled oats were prepped last night for an overnight oat-like bowl post-workout.The mix was: rolled oats, rice milk, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder, chia seeds, wheat germ and sunflower seeds (golden, unsalted) and banana pieces + frozen blues were added right before diving in, as was some un-pictured almond butter (can you believe I am forgot that essential topping??).



Work (included tasty snacks and) was goofy and productive, and I'd say it has a lot to do with it being a Friday, which puts close to everyone in a slightly lighter, more cheerful mood. This makes for nicer patient to check-in receptionist interactions, as well as many more happy-faced coworkers! Lunchtime was full o' some Sweet Potato Tofu Curry (based off of ED&BV's Tempeh Curry recipe) with brown rice, it tasted faaabulous, if I do say so meself!




Spices and herbs really are key additions to all kitchen doings, I don't know how we got by over a year of plain-old whoknowswhat when we first got married. All I used to do was boil some noodles and defrost some chicken in lime juice! Silly ways.




I came home and quickly enjoyed a bowl of leftover soup (Sweet Potato and Lentil Chili!) And headed over to pick up a friend for an evening of painting pottery. This is seriously such a relaxing, fun and no-boundaries type of hobby, if only it wasn't so expensive (painting a simple $20 plate can really add up if you also wish for the matching mug and salad bowl!) I would love to do it more often. We went to Glazed & Amazed, which is funny 'cause way back when I actually applied for a job there. I love the idea of working in a place where art is the focus! It's the most beautiful thing I ever did discovery. Ah, deep sigh, to have all the free time in the world to paint regularly again...



Dessert time with my lovely hubby was these beauties: half apple, kale monster (kale, rice milk, frozen fruit + unsweetened cocoa powder) and brown rice brownie. love. love. love!







I'm so giddy it's the weekend! I hope to finish a book, start another, paint a bit, make a Mexico movie, and most of all: be with my love bug allllll day :) Have a fantastic (rainy?) Sat/Sun!!

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad, let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord.
Psalm 96:11-13

2 comments:

  1. Both the chili and the curry sound YUM!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipes, I especially love tofu curry, it looks winderful :)

    ReplyDelete