February 2, 2011

Wednesday's Wonderful Oat Cakes

I think I need to read a book on time management. Or create a machine that makes days last 30+ hours instead of a weak 24! Any one with me?


hubby's 8am tea for his sore throat, cough, and congestion. poor buddy! black tea gonna get things done, man!

How does one balance an absolute love for cooking, with bible time, fun book reading time, a joy for painting, socializing with good friends, quality time with the love of my life that is my husband, and a daily food/exercise blog? How do I do this and stay sane?



I need advice. Or, like I mentioned before, a time machine. Another option would be hiding the remote from myself to prevent hours of time-wasting in front of the big screen. Ah, well. Self-control + setting priorities are now on my to-do list. It's a done deal.

Wednesday is rest day, no gym. Wednesday is also pancake day, so I arise a full half-hour early for little relaxing kitchen time. After falling in love with last Wednesday's little cakes, I decided to try and re-create the bad boy.



I give you:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp each: wheat germ, chia seeds, amaranth, unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 dash cinnamon
  • 1 spoonful almond buttah
  • 1 small handful walnuts
  • cooking spray



Other half of banana was diced up for layering purposes, and half a cup of frozen blues accompanied the delicious plate. It was magically delicious! Like Lucky Charms, but waaaay bettah!

Lunch and snacks were as follows...

...Quinoa garbanzo casserole from ED+BV tasted wonderfully in each and every wiz-ay. The textures of cooked veggies, slightly browned garbanzos and soft, fluffy quinoa were a match made in food heaven! And the rosemary/thyme spices added a glorious kick of flavor. Adooored that dish!


Nemo in our fish tank at work

Work was long, but I enjoyed wrapping up the night and locking the clinic's doors 'round 6:30pm. And the drive home included many green lights, little to no traffic, and a whole lotta singing as loud as humanly possible without busting my ear drums with radio tunes.


George, the puffer who never holds still in front of any camera

Once home, I proceeded to break our blender by accidentally dropping a spoon inside, the blade bending metal, causing bent utensil to bust a hole in the side of the glass wall, which is when my kale juices covered walls, countertops, cabinets and stovetops. It was a rough way to end a good day. But an hour went by, my husband (the biggest blessing from God I have ever been given, an angel of sorts full of love and grace) cleaned up my glass-filled green-juice mess, and I became friends with my food processor.



2 handfuls red/green kale, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup rice drink, 4 frozen strawburries, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup rolled oats, 2 tbsp toasted amaranth, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + food processor blade = chocolate kale ice cream!!!


topped with wheat germ, almonds + brown rice brownie!

Then we read Timothy 5, I was inspired to be more like the widow who "puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help" (verse 5) and then journaling + bed time called my name.

God is good and His ways are perfect!

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." -Ephesians 1:7 + 8

3 comments:

  1. MMM those pancakes look amazing!! Thursday is pancake morning in my house :)

    You are so right when you say we need more time in the day!! WHen I think of how crazy busy I am though I get a bit mad at myself, because those are all things I CHOOSE to do. I could be spending SO much more quality time with God if I cut out some things (like tv time or internet time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah what an awesome fishtank!! Growing up, my dad had a huge one built into our living room and I could sit and stare at it for HOURS. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love your little Nemo at work!

    ReplyDelete