We are really excited to own a house, our hopes are high and we know that whatever happens, it's in God's hands and all we can do is trust Him. It's so much easier said than done, though. When you first make an offer on a home and things are in pending mode, it comes second nature to let it go and give it to God gleefully. It's not until you're given a little taste of not-so-fantastic news that it becomes tough to stay optimistic. But alas, all we can do is wait, put in our two cents, and remember that God has plans for us, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11) so life is good!
steel cut oats, rice milk + water, cinnamon, raisins, almonds
banana, blueberries, strawberries, almond butter
sunflower seeds and raw pumpkin seeds
bbq tofu, sushi love, banana fig bar from freezer, fruits
tomato, bell pepper, cauliflower
garlic, onion, pepper flakes, chili powder
avocado oil, salt n pepper
pinto beans, avocado, corn tortillas.
it. was. diviiiine!
[Kale Beast for 2]
just do it.
- 2 cups soy milk, unsweetened
- 2 frozen bananas
- 7 frozen strawberries
- 3 small handfuls frozen blueberries
- 3 handfuls kale
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp: wheat germ, ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
goodness gracious! Breakfast is going to be increiiible tomorrow.
my last coconut square, i love you.
Banana Fig Nut Bars!
finally, the reeecipe!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup (dry roasted, unsalted) almonds
- 3/4 cup toasted amaranth (or other grain of choice!)
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup dried figs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Throw figs, water, almonds + vanilla in food processor
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Once thick fig paste forms, scrape into separate bowl + add bananas, stir to combine
- Mix together dry + wet bowls nicely
- Form into bars, wrap in plastic wrap
- Store in freezer and put 'em in your bag for a snack later that day.
- Inhale, slowly, but surely.
They're delicious, their sweetness is subtle, their texture is out of this world. And you can add, subtract, substitute, or change every single ingredient into something different. I love these little bars! They keep me full in the afternoon and their packed with fiber, protein, good fats and loads of vitamins. Hooray!