March 17, 2011

Busy Bee + Gnocchi Lovin'

Oh golly me I just ate some really fantastic gnocchi. I was a gnocchi newb today, as I had never dried this boiled-flour/potato combo, but after seeing Jessica at Healthy Exposures make it a few times, and after ignoring it more than once as I scanned through the pages of a vegetarian cookbook a friend gave me, I decided to finally make it. And I'm so glad I did because these little cubes, baked in a homemade tomato zucchini sauce and sprinkled with wheat germ and italian seasoning were so scrumptious!!

Anywho, this morning started off in a gym, unfortunately without any gnocchi around. It's been three days since my last run, which was the St Patrick's Day 6K, and I was a liiittle nervous jumping onto the treadmill today. I wasn't sure how my legs would feel as they bounced on and off the treadmill's band, and I didn't know how long I'd go for. So I brought a good distraction, set my mind to running mode, and started the machine.



My legs felt a little stiff and I was feeling a tad unmotivated in the beginning, but the magazine helped so much! My mind was focused on the stories, but not too much where I wasn't paying attention to anything my body was trying to tell me. It was allll good. I told myself I'd do four miles to start, but that changed to 4.5 which ended at 5 miles, or 8K. Total time - 48:23, t'was shweeet :)


  • kale
  • soy milk
  • frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries
  • flaxseed, wheat germ
  • dark cocoa powder
  • blend, then top with:
  • coconut
  • almonds
  • raisins
  • raw pumpkin seeds

Then I ate that heavenly meal of green monsters, then packed up my lunch in its favorite red Skagit Runners bag, and headed off to work after reading a little bit about: James 1:5-8, which is all about searching for wisdom! It opened my eyes to how much we ought to depend on God and seek His wisdom daily. He is ready and willing to guide us if only we ask Him, through prayer, to lift us out of where we are and take us to where He wants us to be.






Work came and went and such, I ate that faabulous gnocchi with steamed brussels and broccoli (red pepper flakes, salt, pepper) then I drove down to Seattle land to meet up with some rad friends for dinner. We went to Agua Verde, best taco place on this side of the country, and I ate like a horse, only more like a mini-horse than anything else.



looooveee me some friends-since-high-school evenings like this one!!

I stuck to 3 sides and 3 corn tortillas, with plenty of chips and salsa on the side. The little sides were heeeavenly! Jicama + pineapple, cactus + corn, black beans and salsa. My gosh, if you're ever in Seattle, stop by this restaurant 'cause you'll sooo regret it if you miss out! They're big on "organic and locally grown" whole foods, so you feel good inside as you eat. It's a win win :)

Hubs called a few hours ago mentioning his boss sent him (out of nowhere) to Oregon again, so when I got home around 8:30 I decided to cook my sadness away. I hung out in the good ol' kitchen for almost 2 hours, and ended up with 9,000 dishes stacked atop the drainer and great food for tomorrow:




  • brussels, red cabbage, tempeh
  • rice pasta, bell pepper, tomatoes, sauce, zucchini
  • salmon, thyme, olive oil, salt peppah, tomatoes
  • Amanda's blissful banana bread + rice milk instead of greek yogurt, with chia and sunflower seeds added
sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment