March 27, 2011

Carrot Cakes + Tofu with Biscuits

Herroooo! Today was pancake daaay 100% inspired by shredded carrots, and the blog world. But of course I made things more complicated than they should have been, and I was left with we-love-sticking-to-the-pan cakes that also were in love with falling apart. I think I hid that well, though, for their photo shoot. :)


  • 1 cup butternut squash, microwaved to soften + thrown into the food processor
  • 3/4 cup shredded carrots
  • 3/4 cup rice milk
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 banana
  • 1 T each: chia seeds, wheat germ, raisins + almonds
  • 1 t each: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg

just do it! carob chips melted on top with the almonds (chopped) and sunflower seedies



church + Ephesians 2:11-13
"...now in Christ Jesus you who once were
far away have been brought near
by the blood of Christ."


beanie snack

freshly cooked babes with avocado and serrano chili (yesh, I did burn my esophagus off with that dang chili, thank you very muuch!)

my best friend:

This movie changed my life in high school, and completely changed the way I saw anyyyy and allll fast food restaurants. That industry is seriously screw-balled! Hubby had never seen it, so we ate pizza and dove into the TV.


yes. we ate pizza 2x in a weekend, and we have done it before, happily!


brussel sprouts, broccoli, fresh pineapple, serrano chili, red bell pepper, kale chips!


for real, so heavenly.

6:20pm - 8:00pm

salsa: made
grains: cooked
oats: ready
snacks: packed
lunches: set
dinner: Healthy Exposures



tofu + biscuits?!

courtesy of this lovely girl and all her wonders!


see her recipe here

my changes:
  • doubled the recipe for Edu + self!
  • more kale for me, less for hubby
  • add some peas for lack of shallots
  • three tomatoes instead of one
  • wheat flour + wheat germ for pancake batter, and the fact that I don't own cornmeal - although I've needed it so much, you'd think I would have purchased a bag already.



dessert:

simplicty is incredible sometimes.
  • rice milk
  • frozen blueberries
  • 1 date

coconut, sunflower seeds, carob chips.

bliss.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment