March 9, 2011

Creamy Bean Rosemary Soup

"Pray as if everything depended on God, work as if everything depended on us." That was the theme of my devotional for the day. Pray often, work whole-heartedly! That's where my focus needs to be! :) It's amazing how much calmer your day goes by when you give it all to God in prayer, and how rough of a rollercoaster things go down when God is forgotten.

This morning was a heavy one, I was longing to stay snug in my bed and not start the day, notttt justtt yet! Justtt oooone moreeee minutee! But yet, I had to wake. 6:15 came with a jingle of Bethoven's Fur Elise and I got my lazy-like self out of bed. I wanted to do some sort of mini-workout, simply because it makes me feel happy inside (even on much needed rest days) but I decided against it, showered, and ate a bowl of steel cut oats.


They were delicious, a little too filling, but heavenly and creamy. I topped them with everything in my cupboards, naturally. Chia seeds, toasted sunflower seeds, frozen blueberries, banana, almond butter, rice milk, raisins, almonds, coconut, wheat germ.



snacks were the usual suspects: fruits, carrots, homemade fig banana nut bar, half a sammie with almond butter and carob chips (oh mai banananas that was insanely wonderful!)

I made souuups last night, and I was so excited (nervous) to make my first "pureed" soup. I have never stuck a soup in a blender before, besides oneee time and it was a taste-less disaster (read) that I pretended was good, but I really ended up using the rest of it (after one bowl) for a base for cookies. Onion, carrot, beet cookies! Anyhow, I decided to blend last night, and it was a very good choice.


Recipe courtesy of my favorite: Eat, Drink and Be Vegan cookbook!


mustard, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, onion, lime, celery, with unpictured basil and water. super basic ingredients for an incredibly flavor-packed soup! protein + grain: couscous and navy beans!


homemade croutons on the side for same-day consumption. bread, diced into squares, spray baking sheet, sprinkle with italian seasoning, place bread squares atop, spray squares with olive oil + sprinkle more italian seasoning on 'em, then bake about 12 minutes on 375*



It was so delicious! Half the soup was pureed in a blender with the water and the other half was mixed in, with lime juice and huge croutons. Incredibly filling, too. I didn't even think of my afternoon snacks 'till around 4pm! Hooray for blended soup tasting like rainbows :)

Once home, I ate one of these babies:

coconut lime square with pistachios + raisins. maaagically delicious!

While waiting for dinner to cook (worse time of day known to man) I inhaled a little too much of the following: handfuls of muesli, raisins, almonds, sunflower seeds, a few pistachios... and I felt like poo shortly after. But the good? I ate the best dinner to follow! Almost good enough to help me forget my fruit/nut binge pre-dinner.


red cabbage and broccoli cooked in sesame oil, sesame seeds and liquid aminos with a side of steamed edamame that has a touch of salt and pepper on top.

I need some journal-ing time. Life is overwhelming sometimes!

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His face continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I hear ya on the life is overwhelming sometimes...sheesh...!! :/
    Thanks SO much for all the recipe ideas!! I can't wait to try them (especially the chili!!) AWESOME! :D
    Have a WONDERFUL day, Beautiful!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup sounds amazing! It's so creamy looking - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you mean about the binging, but girl I really dont think you should worry too much!! Everything you snack on is so good for you!! Now if you were grabbing crackers and hummus or cookie dough like I do, then maybe you would have some cause for concern. I think right now it is more of a control issue to be honest. Just remember that you CAN control what goes into your body, and ask yourself why you are feeling the need to snack! Maybe its your body's way of telling you that you need more of something. Just a thought :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete