March 29, 2011

Don't Fear the Machine

Today started off like this:

okay, that was after my run. but still. it says it all: I was scared.


I usually work on the elliptical machine on Tuesdays. Since I like to push myself a little harder and little further on Mondays, Tuesdays just seem like a good time to take things down a notch. But Edu asked me to tackle another fartlek today, so I got all worried like (bad idea, give it to God and be strong! he reminded me) as I stared at the treadmill this morning.

But of course: It went, in a word amazingly.

8K - 46:04
Level 6: 10:00/mi
Level 7.5: 8:00/mi

1.83mi (3km) - 6
1 min - 7.5
1 min - 6
2 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
3 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
4 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
5 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
3 min - 6.5

Then I diddle-daddled on the treadmill for about 3 minutes, stretched, did some leg extensions with 30lbs, and felt full of absolute joy. It was beautiful! I definitely felt tired towards the end with that last 5 minute [@ 8min mile speed] stretch, but repeating that ever-so-powerful bible verse brought me just what I needed: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13, you're golden.


hoooraaaay!


steel cut oats
[rice milk
water
cinnamon
raisins]

plus
banana, blueberries, strawberries, almond butter, chia seeds, wheat germ




my very last fig banana nut bar, you guys will be missed! new batch this weekend? of course!


[cabbage rolls] smell like feet, let's admit it.
and they taste a little silly, too. So I'm sticking to raw cabbage in sushi, or lightly cooked cabbage with brussels and sesame seeds, so much more delicious than this wrapped business! and, it'll prevent me from doing this:


teehee, sometimes carbs just make the worse experiments taste the best!

mini arm workout @ home (mini = 5 minutes, I got hungry!)


pineapple is the sweetest yellow piece of the tropics I know!


oh goodness, dinner was heaaavenly!

  • 2 handfuls kale
  • rice milk
  • frozen banana
  • frozen strawberries/blueberries
  • unsweetened special dark cocoa powder
  • ground flaxseed

carob chips, millet puffs, raisins, almonds, grapes, raw pumpkin seeds.

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

3 comments:

  1. you are so cute. i love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE the treadmill. So. Bad. It's AWFUL. Maybe because I HAVE to be looking at nature when I run...and I like a breeze too...but a natural breeze...not a fan...heheh I'm so silly ;P
    I can't believe your phone takes those pics!! BEST camera phone EVAHHH!!!
    :D HAve a blessed week girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job girl!! I totally just did a post about my brain when I am on the treadmill...it is NOT pretty! haha

    ReplyDelete