March 23, 2011

Happy Spring and Lentil Patties

Happy first day of true sun that let off real warmth!




I'm pretty cheerful, I can't hide it. We in Seattle have seen more than enough days of rain, dark clouds, and frozen winds. It's time for the sun to shine its beautiful light, time for the clouds to disappear 'till October. It is time. I know, however, that this week does have a few more rain showers in store for us, but I'll take what I'm given: one day of blue skies and 58 degree heat!

This morn' I planned on doing a mini ab workout, so I jumped out of bed 20 whole minutes early. I ended up attempting to hold plank position for 60 seconds, dropped to my knees at 40, then doing a few side planks. It didn't feel all that wonderful, I didn't break a sweat er nothin' but I guess I was just unmotivated. There's always tomorrow!

Breakfast was another plate of oats!


I tried making them look like a mini-pizza with the fruit/seed toppings and the slightly round shape - but it just ended up looking goofy. Tasted amaaazin' though! The chia seeds were my idea of "crust" at the ends :) but I'm getting a little oat-ed out with these same toppings every morning, so I see green monsters and pancakes in my breakfasts' future!!





Lunch was the seitan + eggplant lasagna rollups, paired with a mixed greens salad (with pepper for a little kick!) And oh my goooodness, this seitan ended up tasting just like meat! The texture was delightful, the flavor was loud and italian, it was allll good! Yay for protein, fellas.



At home, I once again went for some ab workout, but couldn't stop thinking about dinner so I went with more plank/side plank and then proceeded to mr. kitchen! I then made about the most incredible lentil burgers I have ever created!! Seriously, though, it was kind of a big deal.


  • red bell pepper
  • red pepper flakes
  • chard leaves (3, diced into small squares)
  • chard stems (about 3, cut like celery bits!)
  • green onion
  • paprika
  • salt + pepper
  • 1/2 cup cooked lentils w. garlic
  • 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseed



oh my meatloaves...

they were gorgeous

they tasted like heavenly bits

I wanted 18 more, but sadly only had 2.

dessert was the apple that I brought to work + cinnamon + carob chips + sunflower seeds!


then cooking went down: eggplant, tomato, bell pepper, tofu, onion

greens + a skillet with avocado oil = tomorrow's lunch!

purple/brown beast
  • red chard leaves
  • rice milk
  • frozen banana + berries
  • dark cocoa powder
  • rolled oats

yes please!

aaaand... much needed sleep

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm glad you are getting such great warm sunshine! Today is our first chilly day in the last two weeks, but since 'chilly' is 50, I really can't complain. ;)

    ReplyDelete