March 24, 2011

I Can Do All Things

Good morning, fartlek (fartlek means "speed play" in Swedish, a form of interval training which puts stress on the whole aerobic energy system due to the continuous nature of the exercise... ....the intensity or speed of the exercise varies.. says Wikipedia) . It's been a while, so I was a tad terrified of you when my hubby (coach) brought you up last night before bed. Here's how me + the treadmill went down:

3K - 6
1 min - 7.5
1 min - 6
2 min -7.5
2 min - 6
3 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
4 min - 7.5
2 min - 6
5 min - 7.5
5 min - 6

8K (5miles) - 46:20

It was hard to wrap my mind around what was to come, but after that first minute at a fast speed, I started to realize how possible it was! I felt strong enough to finish with the 5 minutes at 7.5, instead of stopping at 4 minutes. I was so happy!

During that last stretch, only a few words came to mind: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13) I repeated it numerous times until I was able to slow it down to a jog, it felt so beautiful!! Like I was running for Jesus, not for myself. He is the reason I am able to wake up every morning, the reason I can move, eat, breathe! So it felt good to bring the focus back to Him and off of me, a wee-jogger living in such a huge world.

After that incredible start to the day, things got hazy. Or was that after this delicious bowl of brownish green ice cream? I can't remember. Anywho, let's just say it was a slightly long day in work land, my mind wasn't strong enough to take it all in, and my post-work eating binge was good ol' proof.


good morning, delightful sunshine in a bowl! bfast: kale, chard greens, rice milk, frozen fruit, cocoa powder, rolled oats


topped with: chia, coconut, sunflower + pumpkin seeds, raisins + grapes


snacks: fruit, carrot, fig banana nut bar from freezer


lunch: homemade chapati bread, yesterday's ratatouille inspired mix of: tofu, eggplant, red pepper, tomato + chili powder with avocado. this was heavenly!

overdoing it: handfuls o' muesli, banana bread, almond butter, raisins, sunflower seeds, half a peanut butter larabar, a tummy ache.


dinner: edamame, roasted veg (liquid aminos and toasted sesame seeds) with cucumber from today's lunch.

So although today was rocky, I count it as a blessing. Because I now find myself with an hour of free time with God's Word, my journal, and my hubby at my side. Life couldn't get much better than that.

1 comment:

  1. Love your outlook on things, Nicole! That last paragraph especially made me smile.

    ReplyDelete