March 11, 2011

I Love You, Yoga, Oh Yes I Dooo

I had a most delightful, relaxing, stretch-packed, put this hand behind this leg and grab the wrist with the other hand... type of morning. And now that it's 9pm, all I remember about the day when I close my eyes, is that dose of morning yoga. I really recommend it, even to all the cardio/weight lifting junkies out there. Once a week, 50 minute yoga sessions area really good choice, as are 10 minute abs shortly after the DVD is turned off.




Breakfast was a load of chocolate: unsweetened dark chocolate powder, carob chips, unsweetened coconut, wheat germ, chia seeds, almonds, raisins, banana, sunflower seeds, frozen blueberries and a microwave. then it snowed a bunch of millet puffs atop the red bowl, and some soy milk was splashed inside, stirred to combine, and things were lookin' real good.







Lunch and snacks were pretty basic, but pretty delicious as well. The main jewel was brown rice cooked in sesame oil, with Bragg's Liquid Aminos and some toasted sesame seeds. Broccoli and red cabbage were the bit hits in this dish, it was a very happy party in my mouth, I must say! Work went well, and fast (can you say, arrive at 8am, look at the clock once and notice that's it's 11am, then each lunch and afterwards work work work 'till you look at the clock again and it's pass 3pm? DELIGHTFUL!) and soon enough I was home.



It was salmon day (yoga and a piece of weekly salmon? life is beautiful!) here in the Carrillo household, so last night I cooked Edu and I some salmon fillets in foil with thyme, olive oil, lime juice, oregano and diced tomato. Baked at 400* for 25 minutes, and today I roasted some brussel sprouts, kale, and mexican zucchini-like yummy goodness. It was a blissful plate!



Shortly after I decided to throw in something sweet: a lime coconut bite with frozen blueberries that turned my mouth about as purple as your average child's painting of grapes (you know, the almost-blinds-you purple that shouts in your face as you enjoy a 3-year-olds art) and my hubby was a bit turned off at first, by the sight of my food-dyed face, but shortly it grew on him, I just know it. ;)



Now the bed seems to be calling my name, for this girl has a 5:30am wake up call on Saturday, since I apparently agreed to babysitting again from 6-9am. What can I say? I love kids, and we don't have any yet, so I'll take any chance I can get to be with those amazing wee-ones! Goodnight lovely world!

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. Hebrews 1:3

3 comments:

  1. I wish I loved yoga!! I try and try to incorporate it, but I always find myself doing weights instead of yoga lol I do however usually do yoga on mondays after my tough soccer games. Im usually too sore to do much of anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a yoga addict. Seriously. Best cool down ever!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep TRYING To make myself love yoga. However,I find that I can't focus, and my mind starts wandering, and then I'm looking at the clock and then I start fidgeting... haha I need to work on it!

    ReplyDelete