March 14, 2011

Love and Faithfulness

"By accepting God's love for us, we fall in love with Him, and only then do we have the fuel we need to obey."

I wish I could fall in love with Jesus every morning, that the "spiritual high" would never die down, that I would always feel the warmth of His unconditional love wrapped around me, and I would never cease to praise His name. If only living for Jesus were that simple!

I feel like it's somewhat of a challenge, living to please Christ each day. My actions and thoughts seem to be distracted by the world and all the chaos that is going around. I long for those calm moments of silence, where life is just me and God having a conversation together with no one to draw our attention away from each other. These moments come sparingly, but when they do I hold onto them and wish to never let them go.

Gosh, even typing about it is relaxing! But, alas, this how my day went down: This morning was all elliptical and all rain.

yes. drenched. from a 30 second walk from my front door to the apartment's gym. It's a crazy world up in them clouds 'round Seattle!!

I normally rest the day after a race, but I sort of "rested" on Saturday with the little 20 minute jog, and Friday was jus' yoga so hubby (coach) agreed that a few miles on the elliptical machine couldn't do too much harm. I was planning on going fast and keeping the workout short n' sweet, but ended up moving at a pretty average pace while reading Proverbs for 40 minutes. It was peaceful, sweaty and happy. I also did my infamous 12 push ups before and after the cardio sesh, hooray!


true time: 4 miles - 42 minutes

When breakfast came along, I tried to not give in to my addiction to unsweetened dark chocolate powder, and decided that coconut and carob chips would be a good choice. The oats were amazin' and perfectly cooked, still had their steel-cut texture and powers to fill you up like no one's business.





Since I ran out of time over the weekend and wasn't able to cook anything fabulous for today's meal, I decided to go with a baked sweet potato, pinto beans, homemade chapati bread and avocado. Buuuut to my surprise we had a luncheon today at work. So I saved the sweet potato man and went all-out with as much iceberg lettuce, black beans, salsa and guacamole that I could fit into my tummy. It was deeeeliiiicious and perfectly filling with the chapati bread on the side! Thank you, luncheons, for your existence in the business world.




Work got me to ponder life and how our brains work. Like, when you're taught something for a day and you start to like it a lot, then you're really not needed to do the specific task anymore, but you continue since you're having fun, then weeks go by and all of the sudden you're told to stop since you weren't properly trained... It makes ya ponder, ya know? Hmph. Personal problem? Ah well I'm over it. Giving it to God, it's all I can do! No reason to get bitter about it, right? What good would that truly do? Nada!

My plan after work was:
(what really went down in red*!)
- drive mum home *
- drive self home *
eat a coconut square of love and joy and heavenly flavors
- eat a giant rich and ice-cream like green monster *
- check email *
- refill water bottle
- drive to babysitting land *
- work (play!) from 6-9pm *
- drive self home *
- greet hubby *
- future house stuff *
- cook dinner for Tues? no
read beautiful blogs, finally!
- set my alarm for 5am *
- fall asleep way. too. late. no! :)


one please!


  • 1 frozen banana
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 3/4 cup frozen blues
  • 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
  • 2 tbsp flaxseed (ground)
  • 2 tbsp wheat germ
  • 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder

oh raisins, oh almonds, or sunflower seeds...

Goodness gracious, I want more ice cream.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 3:3

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole! Oh i love that proverbs 3:3 verse :D And I hear you that every waking moment I wish it were like that~but the verse comes to mind! the one that says that we need to "eat solid food" instead of milk as babies would. It's like, He allows all these things so that we would be "disciplined" in His love and seek Him in ways we haven't before? :P O gosh I always end up writing up a sermon. hehe have a blessed day sista! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in that photo Nicole, even if you were wet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote at the beginning! :) What a wonderful and very true saying!

    ReplyDelete