March 12, 2011

Rest Before You Race

I wish someone had told me that this morning around 10:00am, before I started the timer on my watch and proceeded to jog 20 minutes in the pouring rain. I wish that that specific "someone" would have been more than just a small voice in my head, or that my hubby would have more than just suggested it. I wish it were a rule, written in a book of rules, that no one was allowed to break.



rainy days, makin' my heaart so gray



My legs feel like they weigh 3,000lbs each. And I have a race tomorrow morn' and I want to be a speedy Gonzales, or at least break last year's time. After the jog in the AM, I did a quick stretch and stood in the rain for about 30 minutes, waiting for Edu to fly pass me so I could let him know that I remembered to bring his Gatorade.


just in case someone else drinks that stuff, I needed to make a friendly reminder for my hubs ;)



He ended up not needing it, my knees froze over a tad from the straight-legged statue I was for a half hour, and that may have been why my legs feel like dead weights right now. Or was it because we then proceeded to look at a potential house with our real estate man, for a good 1.5 hours, and we were standing the entire time? Or could the strain and aches possibly be the cause of standing in my kitchen from 3pm-6pm, cooking away non-stop for the week ahead?


our (possibly, God willing) home's location! not even built yet? we'll take it!


hi future neighbors! our real estate friend let us walk inside there and we got to see all our house's floor plan all in the nekked-ness that is: no real roof, no windows, doors, walls... it was so exciting! we were giggling and squealing like little kids walking into our "living room" and our "loft" that were bare and lifeless. I definitely pictured 9 children in each of the rooms!

...

Gosh, legs. It's a good thing we get an hour less of sleep tonight (she said sarcastically) thanks to good ol' daylight savings. Stink, man. Big old stink. Did I mention, at all, that I'm really excited for tomorrow's run? 'Cause I am! You just wouldn't know, since I'm so good at expressing my legs' deepest feelings (and complaints). Okay, on with a whole lotta photos of delicious food...

5:45am:

homemade bread, almond butter, wheat germ, nanner, chia seeds, raisins (I babysat at 6am, so I needed good ol' fuel to start the morning off)

9:00am:

pre-run

11:30am:

almond butter, coconut, raisin sammie for me
strawberry jam, almomd butter sammie for him
fruits for each

3:00pm:

soy milk, apple, coconut, muesli, almonds, carob chips, cinnamon

5:00pm:

home-cooked pinto beans + homemade salsa

6:30pm:

Nicole Carrillo's famous crust (new?), rad-zolla pasta sauce, kale, zucchini, mexican zucchini, fresh pineapple, bell pepper, serrano chili, red pepper flakes



Did I mention I have a race tomorrow?! It's a little under 4 miles, but it's a joyful run. Half marathon training starts in one week! So I'm going to embrace these little races with my whole entire heart!

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. You and your running impress me!!! When it's raining out, I don't brave the rain. I hope your legs feel better. Good luck on your race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete