March 13, 2011

St. Patrick's Day 6K

Good morning busiest Sunday of my life! It was a fabulous day, full of awesome plans, and even though we missed church (lack of time management?!) we read God's amazing Word in Ephesians 2 and I worshiped Him through song, atop my lungs, in the car allll day. Oh, yesh, it was also race day! Let's look at a run down...


fuel: bread, almond butter, cinnamon, chia seeds, raisins, half banana on toast, other half sprinkled with wheat germ!


Are you ready for this?!


wet shoes from yesterday's run in the pouring + violent rainfall, getting their sauna on under the car's heat!


right before I jumped out of the car to run to the start!


hubby missed the first place guy, so this photo will have to suffice for the first group of runners arriving at the start! It was raining the entire race, but it was so far from bothering any one. We were all screaming and shouting from the runner's high that we could have cared less, rain or shine!


Right before the finish!! I asked Edu how to manage my time and avoid pushing too hard too soon and he recommended that I take things easy for the first half of the race, then speed things up at the last half. This ended up being wonderfully simple since the first half was all uphill and the second half was a beautiful downhill. They were gradual, but you could feel 'em! I was left with enough energy to keep a quick pace towards the end, and sprinting to the finish was amazing!


rain makes people happy inside :)

2010 results


2011!!


Overall, I was so happy with my time! Just feeling a bit like I could have gone faster, 'cause once I crossed the finish I still had some in me to keep going! This never ever had happened to me after a race, so I think the whole slow n' steady start with a speedy finish is golden and will definitely be used for future races.

post race free food:

mini clif bar and my favorite fruits!

a true breakfast:

  • muesli
  • soy milk
  • dark cocoa powder
  • cinnamon
  • coconut
  • carob chips
  • blueberries
  • raw pumpkin seeds!
Then we: had church at home, talked with our real estate agent 1.5 hours about houses, went to a baby shower, and came home around 4:50pm to make pizza, again :)


fresh pineapple, turkey breast with italian seasoning for hubby, cauliflower, tempeh browned in avocado oil and seasoned with italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese for hubby , red cabbage, bell pepper, serrano chili!


the greatest one I have ever found!


a beautiful list, I must admit.


heaaaaveeeennnn on a red plate.


I have yet to find a veggie that doesn't work on pizza! Okay, okay, except kabocha squash, that was just wrong tasting.

this week:
praying about our (future) house!
It's in God's hands!!

Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

3 comments:

  1. Wowza!! Congrats on your race and PR! That's so much time to cut off for that distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum yum that pizza looks good!

    Congrats on your personal record! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete