March 22, 2011

Vegan Lasagna Rollups

Hi Tuesday, nice to see you again. You may have brought frost to our windshields, and a chilly breeze to our step, but I'm happy you're here! If only my legs didn't feel like they weighed 300 pounds each, if only I could run as long, fast, and hard as possible without the slight trace of fatigue hitting my body, I would be over-joyed! Yet here I am, 2 days after my first 8 mile run, and I feel like heavy chains are attached to my hips, knees, shins and toes. Blast! What to do? I plan on icing the good fellas, and greeting the elliptical trainer.



4.5 miles - 44:22 on Mr. Elliptical
Killing approximately 508 calories


  • steel cut oats
  • rice milk
  • water
  • cinnamon
  • raisins
  • coconut
  • wheat germ
  • sunflower seeds
  • raw pumpkin seeds
  • chia seeds
  • frozen blueberries
  • almond butter
  • bananananna


Breakfast oats on a plate was so. much. fun. I don't know why I never thought of this! It felt like I was eating dinner, it was more interesting and less spoon + bowl, spoon + bowl, clean out bowl with spoon.... And it fooled my mind into thinking I was eating a lot more oatmeal, which made my heart sing a bit :)



Lunch was amaaaazing: bbq Mexican beans w/ brown rice. This recipe was simple and truly delightful to eat. The chili powder added intense heat without making my eyes water and the avocado + lime made the whole dish run wild with flavor! Unbelievable, I say.

Home = 10 minute abs, green monster for dinner, and cooking like a mad woman.

  • 1 cup rice milk
  • 1 handful kale
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • frozen: banana, strawberries, blueberries
  • ground flaxseed
  • dark unsweetened cocoa powder

coconut + grapes? fabulous!




for hubby tomorrow :)


I think I'm in love with this list of recipes, proof being the amount of ink I used up today while printing off about 200 of her recipes. Jessica's eats are beyond words! I will definitely be using these meals up these upcoming weeks, expect many new eats and treats in this here blog world.


lasagna rolls time! inspired by Beth at Beth's Journey
and her lasagna buddies a few weeks ago!


I love these noodles, they're found everywhere and they're wondrous.


  • seitan
  • eggplant
  • 2 tomatoes
  • spinach
  • italian seasonings
  • h2o to prevent sticking
  • salt n' peppah

roll 'em up, son!




pasta sauce + a little h2o


baked, covered, at 375*


oh lunch tomorrow, you're very attractive!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness, faith,

Galatians 5:22

3 comments:

  1. those look awesome Nicole!! So glad you tried your own version. I have them on my list to make again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm those lasanga rolls look great!! I make some lasagna rolls with spinach every once in a while, although they are not vegan. My hubby gobbles them up though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O. MY. Goodness. YUM!?!?!?! Those look amazing! Perfect for the last bit of spaghetti sauce I have to use up! And...yes, I've said it before...but here I am saying it again: GIRL your pics are such good quality! What camera do you use? AWESOME color!
    :D

    ReplyDelete