April 18, 2011

Ankle Blues

It's official: I have a bad case of the ankle blues. After trying out a pair of new shoes, an incredible 8K race a little over a week ago, two days of baby shin splints, and my longest/most fantastic Saturday morning run, my left ankle is screaming. Walking, twisting, jogging, running, stretching, lifting weights... Painful days, I tell you.

This morning I was determined to do what my training told me: 10 kilometers/6.2 miles, at whatever speed my ankle would allow. If I couldn't stand the pain, I would head over to the elliptical or the exercise bike. It was rough, to say the least.

10K - 1:01:51



but all I can do is leave it in God's hands. I will ice the joint, apply Biofreeze, do funny stretches, use my exercise band like it's my best friend, and tomorrow I will jump on an exercise bike. Wednesday is rest day, and hopefully I can do a wittle jog Thursday. Thank you, Jesus, for even the "wittle" jogs!!

"So then, just as you received Jesus Christ as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7

I am thankful for the ability to run, I am thankful for the strength that Christ provides and gives unconditionally. I am thankful for His love and care, for His guidance and the beauty of His creation. I am thankful for the running friends I have made, for every race experience, for the people inspired to tackle their first 5K after seeing a friend or a family member run one. I'm thankful for God's word, how it motivates and directs us when we don't know where to go. I'm thankful for my husband, who has pushed me to run and never stop. I'm thankful for LIFE, ankle-injury or not. God is wonderful, He truly is.


steel cut
rice milk
cocoa powder
sunflower seeds
banana
almond butter


coco nuttttt


frozen blues and almonds


a little bit of conviction, if you will.


all in a day's work


cabbage-pinto patties, roasted veg, guac and greens




fig newtons were definitely tackled tonight!
the dough + fig filling are in the fridge as we speak!


Boston Marathoners, you inspire me like crazy beans.

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him."
Daniel 2:20-22

1 comment:

  1. What a great attitude! It can be hard to face injury and set backs, but I love that you are looking at the positives here! :)

    ReplyDelete