April 15, 2011

Giving Thanks

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Col 3:12-13

I love that verse. Its imagery is beautiful, a perfect prayer. How I would love to always be clothed in those amazing things: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience, traits that Jesus perfected!

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Col 3:17

I'm thankful for a good nights rest, for my hubby arriving home safely (and feeling healthy!), a mini-yoga session, a delightful plate of dark chocolate banana oats, a drive to work with my mami, a work day where God opened my eyes and molded me, teaching me through the little things that came my way, a delicious stack of tofu spinach ricotta raviolis in a homemade garlic + kale tomato sauce, a drive to the grocery store with my mamita, a good load of groceries, coming home to a second bag of just-bought foods from Costco that hubby had just bought, a salmon + tofu brown rice stir fry dinner with green beans + red pepper flakes, a little bit of house-cleaning on a Friday evening, snuggling up on the couch with hubby for some tv time, a bowl of apple bits with oats and cinnamon (and kamut puffs and seeds) aaaand... More sleep :)


















recipe coming soon, I mean it!!








newbie: coconut oil, finally :)





Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Col 3:14

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love you and your blog. I love how you said you were so thankful from everything like REST down to your oatmeal! AMEN sista. God wants us to appreciate the little things too-and sometimes we forget to say thanks for those! I love you girl- you are such a light to me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much to be thankful for, it's CRAZY! Seriously. I can't believe how many blessings God has thrown my way! :)

    ReplyDelete