April 22, 2011

God Demonstrates His Love

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and mountains crumble to the sea. Psalm 46:1-2

Our Heavenly Father is always ready to help, all we have to do is ask Him! Sometimes I feel like this is a promise that I take for granted. I figure, I'm going through a rough time, God will pull me out, right? But I tend to forget one thing: to ask Jesus for help. Christ wants us to depend on Him, to draw near and tell Him how we feel and I have to remember that!

When natural disasters or devastating events happen, we all seem to do one thing: blame God. We get mad, our hearts break, seeing the Creator of this world in a dark light for not stopping it from happening. But He wants us to look to Him in those troubled times, to give all our sadness and the weight on our shoulders over to Him. He will gladly take it from us, give us peace and hope. It's so much easier said than done, but we have to try!

This morning I decided to get up earlier than most Yoga Fridays so I could do a wiiittle more yoga and a decent ab workout, and it felt amazing! I really need to keep yoga nice n' long once a week, 'cause a 15 minute session does close to nothing for me. Hello 30-50 minutes of pure stretch!



Bfast
was a huge bowl of more-liquid-than-cereal chocolate banana oats. With coconuuut, almonds and almond butter with the last of my chia gel - must make more! Making chia gel instead of eating the dry guys is such a great thing, completely prevents the "hey look, I have a baby chia seed between each tooth!" trick at 7:00am. Just add 1 part chia to about 3 parts rice milk/water, mix, and keep in fridge for drizzling joy!




Lunch = unbelievable! We had a luncheon yesterday at work and the theme was Mexican Taco Bar, so although I brought along my own food I knew I had to snatch away some black beans. So I filled a mug with those protein-packed friends, and cooked up some brown rice at home (beans + grain = complete protein! I just learned that yesterdaaay, wahoo!) And mixed some veggies with lime juice, fresh cilantro and hubby's salsa. A side of smoked paprika quinoa flatbread was toasted for a chip + dip feel (gooo guacamoleee!) And it was an all-in-all wonderful lunchtime.



ps: thaaat is what happens when your hubby buys PLUMS from Costco, when they're so not in season, and they have been picked, shipped, and stored in their unnnnatural environment: brown insides. But they were still sweet and fruity. Just nothing compared to top-of-the-season purple plums. I pity the fool.

*insert amaranth banana bread square w.fig jam
and maybe a homemade fig newton on the side..!*

Dinnertime was a mystery until about 5:45pm, when I got home and dove into the fridge. Usually Fridays in this house are salmon night, but all we had was canned salmon and I was skeptical about it's highly processed packaging, "will it taste fresh?" soooo I peaked in the fridge, saw some tofu, veg, and cooked quinoa, and went to town in that frying pan with Liquid Aminos, red pepper flakes and toasted sesame seeds. So yummy!



and lastly, dessert went down: apple, frozen blues, cinnamon, rolled oats, rice milk, ground flaxseed, almonds, kamut puffs




Tonight our church held two Good Friday services, which was beautiful. Artists at the church created paintings/photography for a small gallery, based on Christ's sacrifice on the cross and how we have life through His death + resurrection, it was lovely reading about what their piece means to them and how each one brought honor and praise to God's name. What a wonderful way to see a believer's gifts being used for the glory of our Lord and Savior! amen, sistah.


But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment