April 14, 2011

Happy Feet, Happy Heart

10K (6.2mi) - 58:16



*My left foot started a new sharp-pain on Sunday, and although I have forgotten to ice the babe, it hasn't bothered me at all on my runs this week! I'm so thankful!! Even my shins started screaming at work on Monday morning, but after 1 ice session of just 25 minutes, they have made a full recovery.



It's so easy to feel anxious and depressed when injuries come along, so I've been trying to remember to give each run to God. If I get injured, I give it to Him: my sadness, my physical pain, my emotional stress over it all. Stuff (even the rough stuff) happens for a reason, and we're usually too blind to see why - the "big picture" seems to be out of our reach. But try to find comfort in knowing that God knows exactly what He is doing, our lives are mapped out perfectly and no one has a bump-free road. We are all going to suffer in one way or another, and suffering gives us yet another opportunity to trust our Heavenly Father - so put your faith in Him, it's the only way to truly LIVE!

Breakfast beastly:

Green monster with steel cut oats inside!


[Kale, spinach, water, frozen banana + blueberries, dark cocoa powder, vanilla, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, pure vanilla extract]

Lunch fiasco:

Tofu-basil Quinoa with Pumpkin Seeds [recipe]
Leftover Spicy Pinto Bean Veggie chili [a lot like this]

Dinner party:


homemades lentil burgers, sweet potato aaaand red bell peppahs!

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body." Philippians 3: 20 + 21



God's word is my strength! I need to dive into that book more often, it's so refreshing and uplifting. I find myself distracted by this world and how fast it moves day-to-day, so having the Bible as a source of rest and escape from life's fast pace is beautiful.

Happy daybeforefriiiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment