April 21, 2011

Iced Ankle Rehab

10 kilometers (6.2 miles), 59 minutes, 22 seconds, 15 pages of SELF, 1 sweaty towel, and ankle pain on a scale of 1-10: 5. Thank you Lord! Except, the ankle pain did progress as stretching, leg extensions and push ups took place. Ouch, real bad. I had no choice at that point, it was time for some 6:50am icing to begin.





I love you, ice! But, I gotta say, butternut squash pancakes were the true highlight of my morning. I cooked up some squash for this recipe, but once it was soft + cooling off, all I wanted to do was mash it up and mix it with oatmeal. So I did, and it was incredible! Reminds me of October, and I love me some October.



Butternut Squash Thin Cakes
* 3/4 cup cooked squash, mashed
* 1/4 cup rolled oats
* 1/2 cup rice milk
* 2 heaping tbsp: wheat germ, ground flaxseed, raisins, cornmeal
* 1 tsp: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder
* 1/2 tsp: vanilla, baking soda



1. Mix dry, incorporate wet, make pancakes! Layered with banana, almond butter, and blueberries. Topped with chia gel (chia + water + rice milk), mo' almond butter and sunflower seeds.

Lunch t'was these guys, cabbage bean burgers in quinoa rolls/pockets! I love their flavor so much, it was a very good thing to make so many extra to throw in the freezer for quick lunch grabs!



Dinner was a green beauty, disguised in chocolate, in a bowl with shredded coconut, almonds and kamut puffs. I made this baby with a third of a block of tofu and it turned out silky smooth and super rich! More tofu in my GMs, please!



Tofu-Lovin' Green Monster

* 1-2 handfuls kale/mixed greens
* 1 frozen banana, handful of frozen berries
* 1/2 cup rice milk or water
* 1/2 cup extra firm tofu
* Spoonfuls of: whea germ, ground flax, chia seeds, extra dark unsweetened cocoa powder
* vanilla extract



Delicious and filling. Like a bowl of silky smooth chocolate ice cream for dinner, only with plenty of greens, grains, and soy. Hooray!

Off to spend an evening out of the kitchen (for real?!) And relax with hubby, some ankle-rehab stretches, a mini ab workout, more ankle ice, and a good book. Happy daybeforefriiiday!

In all your ways
acknowledge HIM
and He will make
your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6

1 comment: