April 8, 2011

Mashed Banana

"being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6

"for to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Phil 1:21

"do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Phil 2:3-4

If you read anything tonight (including blogs!) I honestly think you ought to open a bible (or google) and read Philippians! It is such an amazing book, powerful enough to almost bring me to tears this morning before work. Left me speechless. God spoke through and blessed Paul so much, and he is such an inspiration and example of a humble, Christ-centered life.

This morning was: sleep in ('till 6:10), ten minutes yoga, ten minutes abs, prep for work, and delicious Chocolate Banana Oats.





• Mash a banana
• Vanilla, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder
• Flaxseed meal, rolled oats, millet puffs
• Almond butter, wheat germ
• Frozen blueberries, water, rice milk
• Mix + store in fridge for 20 mins
• Top with raw pumpkin seeds, almonds

A day of eats consisted of: fruit, veggies, leftover chili with corn tortillas, leftover quinoa pecan loaf, and an "oh-my-gosh-I-might-just-die-I-am-so-crazy-hungry" banana, before grocery shopping!


Dinner went down: salmon fillet (steamed with thyme, salt, cilantro) + browned veggies (squash, green beans, tomato, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt n ppr) + buckwheat soba noodles with peas (Liquid Aminos, red pepper flakes, toasted sesame seeds)! Super filling and, let's admit, t'was gorgeous.



9pm! Time for some R&R on a happy Friday night!

Race day tomorrow! It will be the third time I run this race, and I love it 'cause it's almost all forest! But I'm nervous 'cause I'm hoping to set a new PR for 8K. Here's a recap from last year, it was incredible! Placing it in God's hands, He's in control and that gives me so much peace!

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, "sleeping in" should not equal "6:10" haha! I get up at 6:15 most mornings and that is waaay to early already in my book. ;)

    Hope the race went well!!

    ReplyDelete