April 5, 2011

A Reason to Live

Christ is the only reason I have to live for. I wake up and long to do everything for Him. I trust Him wholeheartedly with my day, knowing that He is in complete control and I have nothing to fear. God placed me where I am now for one reason: to be His work of art and bring glory to His name in all that I do. But I struggle, I fall, I lack in wisdom and love.



And even though I am unworthy, and constantly tripping over the rocks that make me stumble, I feel blessed to be able to see God and His creation on a daily basis. It was beautiful and peaceful this morning, the sky was the dark blue and the trees completely black. If it didn't feel like it was less than 40 degrees, I would have been happy to sit and stay for a while under that skinny tree, no matter how sweaty or tired I felt post-run, just to contemplate God's wonders and talk with Him for a bit.



I remember when I was a teen, all I longed for was an escape. I dreamed of the day that I could drop everything and hang out with the God of this world: on a mountain top staring out at thousands of trees, in the middle of Antarctica with the penguins and infinite sheets of ice. They just seemed like the perfect spot away from this world and the distractions and stress. I didn't know that God placed us on this earth to serve Him, to make disciples, to be lights in the darkness. I just wanted to leave, I wanted nothing to do with it.



I've learned to appreciate this life and the world I'm in, though. I love that I can depend on my Heavenly Father when I feel overwhelmed by those distractions, even the ones that try to pull my attention away from Him. It's a test of my faith, a "how you like me now?" from this world, and my job is to hold on to Jesus with all I have and seek Him even in the hard times. I'm alive so that I can tell people about this Jesus that lifts me out of the dark on a daily basis. I'm surrounded by people that need Him more than they know, and I'm excited to share what He has done in my life!



Praise God,
that's all I have to say. & give thanks for food + these bodies we've been given.

Run, eat, work:


5.7mi - 53:20

[warm up] 20 minutes @ 10:00/mile
[fartlek] 23 minutes @ 8-10:00/mile
[cool down] 10 minutes @ 10:00/mile
[walk] 3 minutes


super foods: 3 kale leaves, 1.5 handfuls spinach, 1 cup homemade almond milk (1 tbsp almond milk + 3 cups water + a blender), 2 frozen bananas, 7 frozen strawberries, 1 handful frozen blueberries, wheat germ, ground flax, chia seeds, a sprinkle of rolled oats, unsweetened special dark cocoa powder.





for 2 :)


millet puffs, pecans, sunflower seeds, chia




homemade miso soup
asparagus, cucumber, avocado sushi


leftover red cabbage minestrone, quinoa seeded flat bread


Jessica's recipe! do this.










Vegan quinoa pecan loaf with asparagus!
based off of this, with minor (major?) changes.
  • 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked (turns into about a cup)
  • 3/4 cup pecans, roasted, unsalted
  • 1/4 cup almonds, dry roasted, unsalted
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats, grounded in food processor
  • 4 asparagus spears, cut into strips then 1" pieces
  • 1-2 slices whole wheat bread
  • 1 green onion, diced
  • 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos, soy sauce or tamari
  • 1 tbsp each: ground flaxseed, basil, parsley, olive oil
  • salt + pepper to taste
  • garlic, if your hubby lets you ;)
  1. Preheat oven to 350* and coat a bread-loaf pan with non-stick spray
  2. Throw the pecans, almonds and bread in a food processor, ground up but leave a few nice-sized bits for texture
  3. Combine all dry ingredients, the bread-like nutty mix, then the wet ingredients
  4. Bake for 45-50 minutes, 'till golden brown and incredible. Eat.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment