April 11, 2011

Spinach Tofu Ricotta

Oh Monday, Monday, you seemed to start off pretty rocky. Hubby was up all night, feeling sickly and weak, while wifey had no choice but to lie next to him, gaze into his sad, sleepy eyes, and wish with all her might that she could take all his pain away. But all I could do was pray for the beautiful man, give him his "te de ajenjo" (wormwood tea) and check his temp. Sickness brings me down, man.

Therefore this post will be quick and simple, for I have an amazing husband to take care of this evening.

Banana Pecan Steel Cut Oats!


Snacks and munchies galore!


Spinach Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta!

Recipe adapted from Go Vegan Meow!

• 1 block tofu
• 4 cups spinach
• 3/4 cup bread crumbs or flour
• 1/4 cup miso paste
• 2 tbsp tahini or sesame oil
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1-2 tbsp italian seasoning
• garlic + onion to taste
• salt + pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or with a hand blender, add water if needed, in order to create a paste. Use in homemade ravioli (which I did last Thursday at my sister's house!) Or as a filling for lasagna, layered with red bell pepper and zucchini, topped with pasta sauce of your choice + water to prevent the lasagna noodles from drying out in Mr.oven for 45 minutes in 375 degrees!

Deliiiicious, and the tofu ricotta had an amazing texture. Even though I fell out of love with ricotta a few years ago, this tofu ricotta had the same consistency of the real deal and could have fooled an dairy-lover! And yes, I will be eating this exact dish again this week, for I made 2 mini lasagnas. :)

Magical Healing Soup!

The Kind Diet is one of the loveliest books I have had the opportunity to read. It really hits you hard, in the kiiindest way, how our bodies don't need to consume animals/animal products to survive, and how much they thrive on whole food, plant-based diets. After seeing how sick my hubby is, I decided some of her Magical Healing Soup would do my body good.
Link

  • water
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • celery
  • green onion
  • ground ginger
  • salt



2 lentil patties on the side with cucumbers. so refreshing and wholesome! ginger + homemade broth + veggies: fail-proof. You just can't go wrong, it's incredible.

Your prayers are appreciated for my hubby, Eduardo! His health is in God's hands, so we're giving it all to Him, but the act of "waiting the sickness out, letting it play its course" when you feel like you've been hit by a bus, is never easy.

"Do what's expected of you, to the best of your ability. Everything else, give it to God." - a friend of mine wrote this to me when I posted about struggling to be just like Christ in everything. She reminded me that were are mere humans, and although we are called to imitate Christ, we aren't called to be perfect. We just need to do our best, and give the rest to God, who is perfect and can carry our burdens when they get too heavy. This is so comforting! Thanks, girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment