May 8, 2011

Banana Coconut Waffle Lovin'

I had some of the sweetest, softest, yet crispiest, lightest, tastiest waffles this morning. They were whipped up in a flash and super easy to make, so I think I might dedicate today's post to them. To the rest of the day, you get pure photos with little words - which, in my opinion, is the best way to go sometimes. Let the food do the talking, nah?



Banana Coconut Waffles
serves 2
recipe adapted from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan
  • 1 1/3 cups flour (I used ground oat flour)
  • 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • oil to coat pan
Chia Almond Butter Topping
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 2-3 tbsp chia seed gel
  • 1 tbsp wheat germ


topped with chia almond butter, frozen blueberries and shredded coconut.


these guys came to our church, and they were incredible!


pintos, hubby's salsa, quinoa, tempeh, tomato, homemade paprika bbq seasoning


snack time!






his meat [turkey], my meat [homemade seitan sausages]




naked?


clothed :)

Tomorrow's Dinner in less than 30 minutes

me: brown rice n' beans tofu jumble "aya"
(of course it's fro ED&BV!)


him: brown rice tofu stir fry








less than thirty minutos? i'll take it!

amaranth lime poppy seed bites

freshly ground amaranth, poppy seeds, baking powder/soda, lime zest, salt


raw honey, vanilla, lime juice (1.5 limes), chia seed gel


little, need more lime, need more poppy seed, need to bigger.
oh well, there's always a next time :)

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

  1. Yummm!!! Now I want breakfast for dinner so I can make these waffles! I love coconut!

    ReplyDelete