May 20, 2011

Day n' Night Yoga

Thank you, friends and familia, for your beautiful words about my grandma. You guys have such big hearts, and it's comforting to feel such uplifting support when sadness hits us hard. God is truly strengthening our entire family during this hard time, and I don't know how we'd get through this without Him! Praise the LORD!

Today I got some yoga in during the wee hours of the AM, and I have to say it: yoga is so delightful! All day I couldn't help myself but daydream about being atop a mountain, doin' some downward facing dog with the morning sun hitting my face, breathing in God's pure air! Goodness gracious, can I just talk about yoga all day? I know it didn't break much of a sweat, and my heart wasn't ever pounding out of my chest, but it was just so darn peaceful. Ah, peace. Running 6 miles on the treadmill, fearing my foot is going to start hurting with each pounding step I take, isn't exactly stress-free, must say.

20110520_001

20110520_002

20110520_003

20110520_004
[steel cut oats, rice milk, coconut water, cinnamon, blueberries, banana,
unsweetened shredded coconut, kamut puffs, wheat germ, chia seed gel]

20110520_005

20110520_006
oh homemade fig spread, you're gooey and magical.

20110520_007
this is what you pack when you think you won't be home for dinner, when you have plans right after work and you know you won't have time to go home and cook, when you need to eat on-the-go, and you have lots of Tupperware to spare!

20110520_008
italian quinoa flatbread, half baked sweet potato, spinach bbq pinto burgers, avocado mash, tomato + zucchini

20110520_009

*insert consumption of carrots, cucumbers, orange and apple here*

20110520_013
din din: brown rice, tofu scramble [paprika, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, chili powder, red bell pepper, serrano chili, salt n' pepper] with wonderful avocado chunks.

20110520_014
snack time! pear and half an almond butter/fig sammie on homemade toasted breads.

20110520_017
frozen banana, frozen strawberries, coconut milk, vanilla, rolled oats [topped with crunchy nuggets cereal, unsweetened coconut and sunflower seedies!]

happy weekend! here's to me attempting to run tomorrow. if it goes downhill, I'm going to dedicate my exercise life to becoming a body builder. I'm getting so bummed out with running not loving on me, le sigh. I know all I need to do is be serious about pre and postrunning exercises, about rest and recovery, about icing them painful spots and avoiding over training. but goodness man, I think I'm just not disciplined enough I s'pose.

""Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 27:14

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog, I love yours! Your love of Christ and passion for living a healthy life are infectious :) I'm so excited to read more!

    By the way, those oats with the big blob of almond butter look like absoulte tastebud heaven! :D YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Doing yoga on a mountain top and being able to take in all of God's glorious creations sounds like an absolute dream. Yoga definitely isn't like cardio in terms of getting your heart pumping, but I've noticed that it's made me so much stronger and calmer, and a lot of the time I even prefer it to intense cardio. It's just a time to slow down and reflect, which is almost invaluable in today's hectic living.

    ReplyDelete