May 10, 2011

Feliz Dia de Las Madres

In honor of Mother's Day (in Mexico!), I want to give a little lovin' to my two favorite mami's in the world! Mamita in Washington, co-worker, giver of more unconditional love than I can imagine ever giving, forgiver, sweetie-pie and friend that God has given to me, although I'm so undeserving of such an incredible mom like her! And mami in Mexico, a wonderful example of the love language of serving: her husband, her children, her entire family, a soft-hearted blessing in my life that I wish I could see every day, but feel extremely joyous to have the opportunity to be with her once a year.

Let's admit it: mom's are the most beautiful people ever made. period.





~~~

EXERCISE + EAT!


I opened up a few magazines and tackled move, after move, after move (push ups, lunges, planks, side planks, side lunges, you name it) 'till I sweat bullets! It felt great, and now every muscle in my body is screaming at me. It's truly an ideal way to live.


steel cut oats, rice milk n' water, cinnamon, wheat germ, chia seed gel, homemade fig jam, banana, sunflower seeds, crunchy nuggets cereal


sweet potato gnocchi! *pre-cook* simply cooked sweet potato, peeled, mixed with whole wheat flour and a touch of water, boiled, browned in a pan with basil, parsley and thyme, and check these babies out!


work eats are lovely.


a feast for the eyes


pear


broccolili, leftover brown rice n' beans, homemade pinto bean burgah, purple cabbage pinto burgahh, tomato and avocadoo mash.

But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a sweet tribute to the Moms in your life. Love this, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete