May 9, 2011

Goodbye Running, Hello Cross Training

Happy Monday! Today, like any other day, my alarm shouted atop its lungs 20 minutes to 5:00am, I slept it off for a good 10, then reminded my legs why they exist: to move, like crazy. And reminded my left foot what it was about to face: 5 days, 0 running. How do runners heal their wounds? Ice, Kinesio tape, cross training, exercise band, do-it-yourself physical therapy, that's how. And, ya know, once you realize that ain't doin' no good, you let your guard down and see your doctor, of course (lame)!

Elliptical - 1 hour. I started off a bit lazy-bones, although my mind was so in it, I stayed strong, felt itty bitty pains in my left foot, yelled at the machine when it reset itself out of no where, read about runners and swimmers, and tackled somewhere around a 10K distance (or 6 and then some miles).

Breakfast was part 2 of yesterday's creations: coconut 'nanner waffles. This time sprinkled with wheat germ, chia, coconut, banana and two healthy doses of almond butter. They were deliciously toasted before the topping went down, and I enjoyed every bite to the EXTREME!


thank you, waffles, for keeping my full and happy for more than 4 hours!

Lunch n' snacks were delightful and made my insides full of bunches of glee. Brown rice and beans jumble "aya" from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan with fruits, carrots, and a zucchini cinnamon muffin of love.




Dinner t'was an insanely rich bowl of greens. I never want to enjoy a green monster without a cube of tofu thrown into it. Tofu adds this almost indescribable silky texture, putting the smoothie high above its tofu-less peers. Divine, won't lie. And yes, I got my complete protein locked + loaded with tofu (bean) and cereal (kamut + wheat), so no vitamin deficiency up in this house!


1 frozen banana, 3 handfuls kale, rice milk, flax seed, vanilla



Oh man, we read the first half of chapter one of the book of James tonight, and it was incredible! I wanted to pick just ooone verse to share, but it was too hard. Thus, I give you many, but read them slowly and try to take each one in with care. Let them inspire you and lift you up!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1:17-18

beautiful :)

1 comment:

  1. James is one of if not my favorite books in the Bible. Just so much truth in that book, and so much inspiration for me. I miss my smoothie in a bowl concoctions! I ran out of fruit this weekend and havent been to the store, but I am finally going today thank goodness!!

    ReplyDelete