May 22, 2011

Happy Message, Happy Food

Happy Sunday! Let's jump right into food, 'cause today was delicious!

[quinoa oat cake]

[pinto bean black bean leftover grilled veg tacos]

[strawberry lemon bars]


[seitan sausage pizza with brussel sprout mania!]


[freshly made fig spread= hubby's anti-drug]

[homemade bread makin' the kitchen smell like heaven]

[a simple bowl of crunchy nuggets cereal before bedtime]

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Church was incredible today. We had an amazing speaker, George Verwer, share his testimony on how he came to know Christ as His Savior, and how God is working in the world through missions. I definitely felt some super strong heart tugs to, once again, drop everything I'm doing and leave this life and dedicate my time to 100% missions. And, by "leave this life" I really just mean change this life and maybe talk to one of my neighbors. It doesn't take flights to other countries to become a missionary. Start at home! In the words of Toby Mac, "if you got to start some where why not here? If you got to start some time why not now?" or Chris Tomlin "Where you go, I'll go. Where you stay, I'll stay. When you move, I'll move. I will follow you." or, you know, Matthew 28:19, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

---------------------------------------------------------------------


Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
“Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2 comments:

  1. Love this message! I think we tend to get overwhelmed because we think we have to do some huge thing to make a difference, when that's definitely not the case. If we want to save the world, we can start with those closest to us... if everyone did that, the rest would take care of itself :D

    Hope you're having a beautiful Monday <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!!!! The sermon at my church yesterday was on following God's call in church planting. Kind of similar!

    ReplyDelete