May 5, 2011

His Grace is Sufficient

I opened the bible this morning at work, and fell upon a Psalm that hit me deep. It's kind of depressing and tugs at your heart, but definitely a beautiful cry:

"Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long? Turn, O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of Your unfailing love... I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes." Psalm 5:2-4, 6-7

My prayer this week is that I remember to put God before my running injury, that He would be first in my life and everything else would take second. I need to focus on my Savior and all the blessings He has poured upon me, not wallow along in my sadness, wishing my life were different. I am so thankful for all He has given me, all I have experienced on this spiritual journey He is guiding me through, and I know the future is in His hands. I will not worry, I will ice my foot, take a break, and fall in His hands.

and in the mean time... I will eat really incredibly delicious food!

painful jog: 5K - 30 minutes
[stretching & push ups & abs]


spinach, rice milk, water, vanilla
frozen banana, frozen blueberries
rolled oats, wheat germ, ground flaxseed


chia gel, almonds, crunchy cereal
puffed kamut, banana


the last of my toasted amaranth bread
soup and veggies and fruit
hemp seed pumpkin banana muffin


apple n' almond butter before dinner


tempeh, quinoa, tomato, peas
[paprika, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes]
homemade slice o' bread, toasted, eggplant mush
[roasted eggplant, garlic, sesame oil, blender]

But He [God] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment