May 1, 2011

Purpose Driven Life

I had a beautiful wake up call this morning, it came from God's word plus a hint of inspiration (from a daily devotional book), and I hope I never ever forget it. 2 Corinthian 5:9-10 goes a little like this, "our only goal is to please God whether we live here or there, because we must all stand before Christ to be judged."

When did I forget my purpose in this world? When did I lose sight? When did my goal slip out of my hands? Who have I been living to please lately? I honestly can't remember the last time I told God, "I'm doing this to please You and only You." But I do, however, recall being at work and doing my job for the approval of those around me, and it breaks my heart that I forgot about my Heavenly Father.

That said, Sunday was off to a great start. I know my purpose here on earth, I know why God keeps me around and has me at a specific job, living in a certain side of town, living with a super incredible man that I am blessed to be married to. I know why I have LIFE! I live so that I may serve God, serve others, please my Savior with my thoughts/actions and share Jesus' love. I have a purpose here! I'm kind of a bit excited for work tomorrow, knowing that everything I do should be looked at as a way to bring honor to CHRIST and this amazing life He has blessed me with!

This morn' I hopped out of bed at 6:50 (no idea why!) And decided it would be a morning of baking. I saw a few recipes in Eat, Drink and Be Vegan that caught my eye (and my taste buds' imagination) and was waiting for the perfect time to get cookin'! So I got ready for church in a flash and the sifting, mixing, pouring and taste-testing began.




Zucchini Spelt Muffins (I used brown rice flour - threw some uncooked brown rice in the blender for a few minutes + just 2 tablespoons raw honey instead of 1/4 cup liquid sugar AND 1/4 cup dry sugar)





Blueberry Carob Pancakes (Freshly ground quinoa flour instead of spelt, dark cocoa powder instead of carob and frozen blueberries, not fresh)





The pancakes were incredible, but also super filling.. so although I stacked up 5 with some banana, almond butter and walnuts, I only ate 4 and left the last guy with his 5 friends for tomorrow's breakfast!

Church was lovely, we read Ephesians 2:19 about how we were once strangers, foreigners, aliens before we knew Christ but now we are ONE BODY in His name. I love being part of such a big family of believers!

Then we enjoyed the great North West's first day over 65 degrees of 2011! Seriously, I didn't care about the slightly cold breeze, I had my spring skirt and t-shirt on and I was ready for some sunblock! Oh natural source of vitamin D, you're a delicious thing.



Dinner was pizza pizza, but first I ate some freshly-cooked pinto beans, hubby and I partook in some orange lovin', and a slice of strawberry rhubarb crostata joy. My pizza toppings were simple today: sauce, brussel sprouts, red bell pepper, serrano chili and freshly cut pineapple pieces! Hubby had mozzarella, turkey, bell pepper, serrano + pineapple. We both had happiness in our hearts after that baby!







Movie: Get Down (so good!) And then tomorrow's dinner commenced. Proof that you don't need hours to make dinner: I used the following ingredients to make two separate dishes and finished in under an hour! I felt like a speedy Gonzalez, only less mouse-like and more vegan-chef like.








Stir fry = my recipe. Tofu + Dumplings = Jessica's flawless, mouthwatering (and crazy eeaaasy) recipe! Those dishes were so quick that I decided to cut up some freshly baked bread for this week's lunches. I always make two loaves, that way I'm not bread-making every 5 days, and I pre-slice 'em, leave them in bread bags in the cupboard for a week or so, then throw one in the freezer and the other (if any remains) in the fridge. Trust me, if you don't want to see any green fuzzy business on your homemade loaves - use the freezer! It's your best friend, I promise.


and yes, I did slice part of my hand while cutting this loaf, thanks for asking!

Dessert was inspired by last week's luncheon at work, which was Thai food, and a banana in coconut milk dish! My genius friend mentioned how delicious a twist on the dessert: frozen banana + coconut + a blender. So I gave it a shot! Frozen banana + 11 oz coconut water (from Costco) + vanilla + oats + frozen strawberries = heaaaaveeeeen!!





Oh goodness gracious. I want to swim in coconut water, I want it to flow like honey from the river so I can stock up yearly, I want the 12 pack that my mumsy purchased for me to last a lifetime. I am overjoyed with that stuff!

All in all, today was beautiful, God is more than Wonderful, and life is a happy, delightful thing.

Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In Him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit. Ephesians 2:19-22

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm super impressed with your ambitious baking before church!!! I'm usually not that productive before church in the mornings! Yesterday I just drank a smoothie in the car on the way!

    ReplyDelete