May 14, 2011

Sunshine n' Sushi

Oh lovely Saturday, the warm sun on my skin feels incredible, the flowers are bright and fragrant, the air is soft and clear. I wish I could sit outside all day. But alas, we have plans on this super sunny Saturday, and they all include being indoors.

20110514_003

20110514_004

I woke a little before 7:00am and felt ready to take on the day. Since my foot is still a little silly feeling, I was hoping I could go to the gym while hubby drove to the lake for his long run. To my happy surprise, the first thing he said to me this morn' was if he could run his 27 kilometers in the neighborhood, that way I could do elliptical. I was so joyous!

20110514_005

20110514_006

I ate half a banana, some walnuts and a prune before I headed to the gym. The workout went down like this: as many miles as I can on the elliptical machine, and a mini weight session if I have time.

[Warm up] butt kicks, straight leg kicks, squats, side toe taps
[Cardio] 15 push ups, 7 miles elliptical - 1:10:02
[Cool down] 5 minutes slow n' steady
[Stretch] 2 minutes of joy
[Weights] leg extension - 30lbs 3x12 reps, triceps - 10lbs 3x20reps, butterfly - 5lbs 20 reps, 60 seconds plank + 15 more push ups.

20110514_007

20110514_002

I felt like a sweaty superhero, the endorphins were flying so high I couldn't stop smiling! Anywhoo, I rewarded ye ol' body with half of one of these coconut water wonders, and then moved on to the biggest green monster beast ever created.

20110514_009

20110514_010

I give you: 2 handfuls kale, 2 of spinach, a splash or 2 of rice milk, 1/2 cup water, vanilla, a few spoonfuls of rolled oats, 2 tablespoons of wheat germ, ground flax and chia seeds, a frozen banana, frozen strawberries and blueberries.

20110514_011

20110514_012

Unsweetened coconut snow, crunchy nuggets cereal, puffed kamut, lemon poppyseed amaranth bits, almonds, raisins, and a whole lot of love. This held me over from 10:50am 'till 4:00pm - winner!!!

Then we got all dressed up and headed to a Catholic church to watch a friend's triplets' baptism! They were so adorable and we had a fun time afterward catching up with hubby's coworkers. Well, he didn't really need to catch up, but I sure did enjoy meself! The sun even came out, which blew my mind, and life just felt so peacefully good.

photo(1)

photo(2)

photo(3)

After that business, hubby was dying of hunger (who runs 20 miles, eats a banana and some muesli with rice milk, some tiny appetizers at a restaurant, and calls it good?) So we quickly stopped by a good ol' grub place and got us some food. I had sushi plans with a friend for 2 hours out, so I opted for something I could split in half: Mr. Vegan burrito man!

photo(4)

Black beans, white rice, carrot, zucchini, onion, olives, mushroom, tomatoes, guacamole, red sauce, iceburg lettuce, spicy chili peppers that warm my heart, etc. Hubby ate a beautiful (unpictured) plate (that I should have pictured) of simple 1, 2, 3 kick! Black beans, rice, chicken breast. That was it! Okay, there were a few corn tortillas 'round there, but, the plate was lovely with the 3 simple friends.

photo(5)

Wheww.... half a burrito fills you up, be warned. Especially when half the burrito is the size of your face. What's with restaurants serving us portions big enough for two meals? And how did we train ourselves to eat the entire plate in one sitting? I'm in awe sometimes. Our future looks a bit grim.

Anyway I then kept my mind on my tummy, hoping and wishing I'd be hungry for some incredible sushi later into the night. And guess what, world? I not only felt hungry by the time sushi was set before my face, but I ate 14 rolls. And, well, I naturally went for dessert once I got home, too. Sometimes you just can't tell a sweet tooth to go away, sometimes you have to gift it with an 8:45pm treat (even if your gut is full of sushi and a Mexican burrito the size of a cow).

20110514_013

20110514_014
go here, live here, eat their food 'till you can't eat no mo'

20110514_015
Love that girl like crazy!

20110514_017
pickled radish roll (6) assorted veggie roll (4) California fake crab roll (3-4?) = beastly good dinner!

20110514_018
pear, rice milk, crunchy nuggets cereal (addiction), frozen blues, almonds, raisins, sunflower seedlings.

Movie night with the love of my life? Yes please.

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5

No comments:

Post a Comment