June 11, 2011

A Delicious Collection

Since I took a mini-break from blogging, I haven't discovered how to stop taking pictures of my meals. I also seem to be slightly challenged in jotting down recipes that I make up on the spot, no matter how flavor-packed, mouth-watering, or dreamy they seem to be turning out, or how much I jump at the idea of sharing them with family and friends. So where do all these wonderful, almost forgotten eats go? To a "delicious collection of photos" post, written and published on June 11, 2011. Happy viewing :)

amaranth, pintos, green onion, asparagus

chocolate "pudding" green monster: frozen banana, strawberries, blueberries, 2 handfuls red kale, 1 handful spinach, 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cube tofu, wheat germ, chia seeds, drop of vanilla, spoonful unsweetened dark cocoa powder and rolled oats.

from Oh She Glows! So creamy, sweet and energizing!

molletes - my savory love of all loves: whole wheat french bread, freshly mashed pinto beans, just now made guacamole, diced veg for a pico de gallo of sorts. Unbelievable.

greens, greens, more greens, frozen fruit and more frozen fruit, flax, wheat germ, half a beet

dark chocolate bowl of heaven

1, 2, 3 chili beans with sweet potato and almond butter and more broccoli than my tummy can hold (almost)

how to pretend to make "juice" without a juicer.
in other words: how to slightly fail at life. it was tasty, though.

rainbow sushi loving! brown rice, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, toasted nori and a side of edamame joy.

another "let's juice these vegetables without a juicer" turned into "let's turn that vegetable mush into waffles!" with apple microwaved with cinnamon and water and some almond butter spread.

the half vegan / half animal pizza for the silly couple :)

i wishhh i had written this recipe down! definitely inspired by Healthy Pursuit's delightful breakfast cakes. It had a lot of nutmeg, cinnamon, and about 3 pounds of carrots, as well.

a mix of cooked steel cut oats and a strawberry slushy smoothie. layered for looks, and for taste.

----------------------------------------------------

God has been working a lot in my life lately, I feel so blessed and so excited to continue growing in Him! I have also loved the extra time I have each evening since I have stopped the daily blogging, and I'm thinking that I'll keep this a simple recipe blog. I am passionate about a whole-foods diet way of life, and I hope to inspire friends and family to try and add some life (in the form of every vegetable, whole grain, fruit, nut, seed, legume, bean, and plant known to man, created by a truly amazing God) to their daily meals!

Adios amigos :)

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:11-12

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love that you call your pizza "half vegan / half animal". Love that you guys can eat together and still stick to diets that work for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete