June 20, 2011

Flight for Sight 10K

Hello beautiful world! This post is dedicated to my delightful husband, Eduardo (Edu!) who, as I type this, is less than two weeks away from running his second marathon! and, well, let's just say things are getting intense. Recently he has been registering for a few races near our home to prep for the big 26.2 miles, a bit of a test run to see how his marathon training is going, and this is a mini recap of one of them!

Date: June 4, 2011
Time: 9:30am start
Place: Everett, Washington
Benefits go to: guide dogs of America!
Weather: sunny and windy
Distance: 10K (6.2 miles)
Goal time: under 38 minutes
Wife: photographer and cheerleader

us before the race, I was mentally preparing for my photographing task and the mini workout I was hoping to try and fit in while he ran, and he was focusing on making it into the top 5 finishers!

go runners gooo! there was also a 5K and a 1 mile fun walk, they all started at the same time and ended at the same place.

the race was held right next to Boeing, which is my husband's favorite invention ever! So it made for an even more exciting run for him, especially with the sights and sounds of these guys:

it may have been the only plane to pass us, but it was still pretty rad!

after the first 5K runners arrived, I stood and waited for Edu's arrival at the finish line. The clock hit 35 minutes and I got so anxious! Soon enough the first 10K runner arrived (36 minutes) and quicker than I could blink, my hubby appeared! He looked so strong and I was stoked with his time!

sprint, dude!! He ended up finishing in 3rd place, with a time of 37 minutes 5 seconds, unofficially. He said he felt great, and was surprised at his time, even more so with hanging onto the marathon maniac guys that finished first and second throughout the race, even though they were incredibly speedy!

1st place in his age category, 3rd place overall!

my love bug :)


all the first/second/third placers by age category. I love how the city had a photographer take this photo, said it was for the newspaper (meaning we're all going to be famous! except the cheerleaders, but still...)

It was such a happy race, we're hoping to catch it next year, too. Maybe I'll be back to running mode in some 12 months and be able to register for this baby! We'll see :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's so awesome!!! Tell the hubby congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO great, he should be so proud!! :) And great job Mrs. Photographer, the running shots look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go hubby go!! ;)
    I wish I could cheer my hubs on in a sport or something, but I guess I cheer him on everyday he leaves for work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Kudos to him!! 3rd overall is amazing and first in his division is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete