August 1, 2011

Such a Free Sound

New jump ropes.
Delicious bowls of oats.
Cute (and crazy wonderful) hubby.

why hello there, Monday 12:30pm. Today has been lovely. I say that because I got a killer workout in, it's my hubby's birthday, and I just had me a nice (beautifully) long conversation with Jesus. I say, that sure sound like the perfect recipe for an incredible day! At least for the first half.

You know those days when you really just need to vent? And you know that if you vent with a friend or family member (or on your blog) it could quite possibly turn into cold hard gossip and you'll end up sounding like a jerk who thinks they're better than the person that you're wanting/needing to vent about? No? Well, that was me today. So, so, so me. And it could have been, would have been so, so, so cold - quite the opposite of what God commands us to be, which is, "be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." (Ephesians 4:2)

So I only had one escape from the flame: cast my cares to Jesus. It was utterly peaceful, therapeutic and, well, perfect. I just hope and pray that I remember to bring it all to Him the next time I feel the weight building up in my chest - it's so freeing!

~~~~

putting this house's insides together is time consuming. but, just like a newborn baby, we have to enjoy every second of it, right? here's to (hopefully) blogging on a daily (or almost daily) basis once life slows down a tad.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your man! You two are so cute together :)
    I gotta say, the oats love in the post is making me drool Yum!!!
    God bless and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete