September 28, 2011

Agua Fresca

One of God's wonderful gifts to mankind: water. It hydrates, quenches our thirst, refreshes and restores our bodies. It's cleansing and delicious, crisp and satisfying. It was almost all I could think about after my run last Saturday. You'd think that the second day of Fall wouldn't necessarily be the warmest, the most humid or sticky. You'd also think that deciding to run your first 10K (6 miles) since last Spring, when you were training hard for a half marathon and got injured, wouldn't be such a bad idea.
And it wasn't, really. It was just a whole lot bigger of a challenge than I thought. But, oh man oh man, it was a crazy, sweaty, beautiful challenge! Running is such a blessing from God, all exercise is, actually. It feels so good to strengthen them bones, muscles, heart, feel the blood flow. I don't know how I could have ever taken it all for granted. Yet, I did, many times.
 
 
 
I feel so much more grounded in my faith than I have been over the years. My Savior teaches me something new every day, opens my eyes to what I've been so blind to, and guides my steps. I am so human in that I often turn my gaze away from Him, I lose sight and I try to fill my needs with worldly things (yes, even running) but I am never truly satisfied until I open up the Bible and meditate on His healing words. It feels so good, nothing compares.

Hubby finishing up his long run, looking sharp as always!
Happy Wednesday, I hope you can give it all up to Jesus today and not go crazy - even though this world tends to distract us, sending us all down the crazy path. And, again on the water: watch this video. Pray hard.
"You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence there is fullness and joy; at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment